RAv3 Long Range Tactics

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kitty.cat

It'll work, just not the right way.
Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
I found a beta map on Combatmaps.de, dinked around on it, and decided I loved it. Sent it to Vix who has UED, told her what'd need to be fixed for it to be playable, and she fixed it right up. The map is huge, about 400 cubic meters. A little less, actually. (I only know from the HK69 and its aiming modes) Anyway, we took out our sniper rifles, turned RAv3 on, and did a 1x1 sniper war on it.

CRAZY.

It was a recon lover's dream. I'd be surveying the scene with my naked eye and see nothing, then hear a wizz by my head and hit the floor. I'd pull up my scope and take a second look only to see Vixen hiding in some bushes. *BAM* I'm dead. When the distances are so great and the camos are so good you can barely see an enemy with the naked eye, it's a sniper's heaven. But so far only we've done it!

Well, I'm thinking one of my Server.cat things would be a week of RA sniping and according maps. So, this is half an advertisement to anyone that likes some real shootouts (I have about 4 people in the boat for it now) and half a way to find out are there any other great truely sniper maps out there I should include?

By the way, you can only find our fixed map (MONWFix) on http://dotcat.5u.com in the Server.cat section. Though once I get all set up to redirect to Odie (he's letting me redirect, he's so cool!) it won't be an issue downloading from me anymore.

P.S. You don't need to snipe. You can use assault rifles if you want (I've done it MINIMI and M16 before), it still works. But you're more noticed that way and have to go into "shootout" mode. *bam bam bam* aim *bam bam bam bam* aim *bam bam bam* advance, aim *bam bam* etc. I wouldn't recommend pistols, unless you've got the kahunas to get that close to the opposition (although I DID knife Vix once by somehow getting behind her). HK69's work great too. All in all, it's a great map. So join up!

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I would like to test it, but as always I cant get the required files as McTexturesD2. I can't find em in the net. Better you put all what is needed to play this map into the zip file.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Nice to see new players. Now if I can ever get internet again, maybe I'll get to play.

Vixen.cat

Sep 20, 2005
If anyone visiting that page is wondering, the HiSpeed on that page is an older beta one. I've almost got the current one working perfectly with defensive positions and what-not. Mind you, inexperienced/uncareful assault teams will hate my HiSpeed map. :D

Kitty.cat

Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
Logan6 said:
Nice to see new players. Now if I can ever get internet again, maybe I'll get to play.
Uh... I'm not new. At all. But hope to see you around :p

Oh and regarding textures. I had no idea there were custom ones. I'll go find the original MONW file and get the textures from that. So sorry!

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Sounds like hell. There was a reason why the servers ran a 'no scopes' mutator for a long, long time. ;)

On the other hand, if everyone is expecting it, it might be interesting.

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Now this sounds rather 'fun' actually...I wouldn't mind doing some sniping, not that often one get the chance to do so.
And welcome to the board Kitty, hope to meet ya online someday for some spanking

//Kee

Kitty.cat

Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
lol. Good! Hope to see you too! Although... I'm online a lot... and don't think I've ever seen you. Hm. And it's not like I'm new to INF by any means.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Downloaded it, might give it a go offline. From my experience scopes suck major dong in INF. But on the other hand I love the PSG.

Anyway it should be fun, I love big maps. Loved playing Operation Flashpoint because of it.

Last edited: