UT DoomTrooper Skins for Unreal Tournament 99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Will someone please stop this? Suspend his account a couple of days so he stops thread spamming. He can start a twitter if he wants to do this.

No more Red Bull for him.

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
I worked three days without break and found very many improvements.
Now - the UTDoomTrooperIIIFinalBeta is really complete.
Trust and download!

MrLoathsome

Apr 1, 2010
Excellent job !

But do try to slow down on the pointless thread bumps....
I know exactly why you do it, after a day or 3, you feel you have made enough
progress for an update, but then, the next day you think of 3 improvements to make.

I have been having the same issue with my latest project, but have been trying to
restrain myself from totally pointless updates and announcements about it.
Attempting to hold off until I test it further, get the documentation done, and am sure
it will be the final version.

When I get it finished, it will be the most amazing thing anyone has ever seen, and
Epic will probably try to buy my source code for $6,000,000.

Now to change the topic completely, Whom do I contact to complain about people
who hi-jack threads ?

Last edited:

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
I must apologize ... I made new teeth and faces for the DarkLegion but my PC exploded.
Then the guy in the PC store did not install Windows correctly on the a new drive
and I wrongly formatted the old slave drive because the new was not shown.
Now - damn I have to overmake the faces again!
Could be done until next weekend.

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
UTDoomTrooperIIIFinalBeta18

The last beta before the complete release.

"Also a blind chick once finds a corn!"

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
You know kaal, if people ask you not to make their work public you actually respect that. Especially after they've been helping you out. Do feralidragon a favour and take out that U2v link. Be courteous :/

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Just for the record, Kaal didn't take out the link yet, and he got plenty of time until now (and I know he has been active and registered to do so, even after NeoNite's warning).

Also, at least 2 of the "new" links he placed there claiming being his work, are actually stolen. I don't remember the name of the creator of one of them, but regarding U2Vehicles, they are actually from .:..: (one of the actual still active coders/modders in Unreal, and also developing patches and so for it), and that version in particular was me who modified (made fixes so they could be used with older renderers [such as the good old D3D7], the could be scaled properlly and that they could be used in team games with no problems at all).

This fix was for Kaal only as he claimed he would only use the fix to be able to play with the vehicles with the bots, nothing more. Therefore, I didn't ask .:..: permission to fix his work, since this should be a private fix so he could enjoy the pack, and NOT a public one. If it was to be public, I would have asked permission first (this is the way it works on open source stuff in games, as a matter of respect for the time spent to do something NEW, FREE and ENJOYABLE for a game we all like).

Not only he completelly spit on my face by making a public release, as he claims now it to be his own work, and exclusivelly for this mod of his.

Guys, he stole that mod and he's claiming it's his.

I advice all of you guys checking those links and see if he didn't steal anything yours as well. Because it's easy to steal and claim it's yours, but it's not easy to do something from scratch, specially as complex as U2Vehicles and other complex mods (and I am constantly feeling that on my skin, something Kaal doesn't know or respect).

And if we developers do something for a game, is because we like the game and the community/players, and expect at least that no one just comes and grabs our work, which can have huge efforts and many hours of work put on it, specially those hours which we aren't really creating a thing, but actually fixing it and optimizing to run faster and more stable, which is what takes most of the time and is the most annoying part.

I personally sugest the close of this thread, and perhaps its move to some archive or trash (due to stolen work, and since even after a moderator warning, he didn't do a thing), and at least a temporary ban from these forums (for being a thief). But again, just a sugestion though

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Does stuff like Agent X Weapons counts as stolen too? There are a lot of familiar old mods in that list.

Last edited:

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
Yearh, who knows, a ban might help, since he is "unable" to note if the get bashed, anyway. Permanent thread bumping is one thing but the stealing of content and then to claim that as it own stuff, I can not feel any sympathy for people like him then.

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
My fiends - to make it clear:
Whenever I decide to repack stuff I always put in the original read files if existing.

Last edited:
lol
image.php

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
My fiends - to make it clear:
Whenever I decide to steal stuff I always put in the original read files if existing.
Corrected ;)

I didn't know that "repack" was a new word for "steal". Oh wait, g2g, a dude is "repacking" my car... :lol:

Btw, what I see aren't repacks, but rips. They aren't the same thing, specially from someone who says "this is my work now".

Last edited:

Kaal979

TheSinew
Jan 10, 2009
Germany
I still dont understand him.
I showed him the U2Vehicles mod for Unreal.
Then he said he wants to fix it that it works for UT.
Well he did it but instead of linking in the thread he PMed me.
Because he doesnt want his change to be public.
But I wanted the mod also for all others to download since I made this collection page.
Now he is surprised and wont be quiet probably until somebody makes BossWeaponsIII or so.
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=91618&page=3

Last edited:

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Saying
I so to say consider them as my own work right now ... . >:p
and
So have no anger just consider the vehicles as taken over and sleep well.
about a mod that isn't yours is what confuses me. Why didn't you just ask .:..: for permission to use his content? Maybe he would have let you use his mods, although that seems unlikely now.

EDIT: I missed it! :mad:
So...is this permanent?

Last edited: