Devastation: Groups

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
The following is a (more or less) comprehensive list (including descriptions) of ALL groups involved at some point in Devastation. As always, this info is debatable.

It takes a lot of time to write detailed histories, so it's likely that all the groups listed won't be written about (yet).

--------

Contents

1 -- Humans
2 -- Skaarj
3 -- NEG
4 -- EAM
5 -- EMTO

--------

1 -- Humans

Humans have populated the planet Earth for roughly 2400 years. For centuries, they have fought amongst themselves for control of land, resources, and power. Every human conflict overshadowed the previous in terms of cost and loss of life.

In 2186, the Skaarj attacked Earth. The attack caused widespread chaos, and all human military forces were decimated. The Skaarj conquered Earth in six months. Under the Skaarj oppression, Earth resistance cels formed. Forgetting all conflicts of religion and politics, land and resources, the resistance factions bound together as the Earth Defense Force (EDF).

The EDF's first victory over the Skaarj invaders occured in 2218 when a trio of EDF operatives overpowered six Skaarj warriors and commandeered a Skaarj transport shuttle. Loading it with thousands of kilograms of explosives, the EDF operatives landed the shuttle inside a Skaarj airbase hangar, then boarded the single escape pod. The explosion shredded the hangar, destroying countless Skaarj starfighters and killing more than 200 Skaarj warriors. The escape pod was blown into the sky and landed nearly 500 kilometers away in a dense forest, unharmed by the explosion. The operatives then hid in the forest for five days, eluding more than 10 Skaarj patrols.

The EDF's steady guerilla activities slowly pushed towards the Skaarj bases. One by one, Skaarj defenses were overrun; The Skaarj's own weapons were used against them. In 2230, the first Skaarj bomber was hijacked and used to destroy an entire battalion of Skaarj starfighters. Finally, in 2281, the EDF initiated a full offensive on the primary Skaarj base in Totha, Italy; the offensive lasted for six months.

The Skaarj abandoned Earth in 2304. Recovering as much Skaarj technology as they could, the EDF began scouring the Earth for Skaarj stragglers. In 2310, the EDF declared victory, and the reconstruction of Earth began. 90% of the original human structures were destroyed, the remaining 10% heavily damaged.

With humanity's new unity in combating a common enemy, great progress was realized in all fields. Space flight independent of Skaarj technology was achieved in 2312, only 2 years after the initiation of reconstruction. In 2315, the New Earth Government was formed, and the EDF dissolved in favor of the Earth Aeronautic Military. Under the direction of the NEG, Earth began the formation of an offensive against the Skaarj. Under the EAM, the Earth Military Tactical Operations was formed to handle all remaining guerilla activities.

The conflict between humans and the Skaarj continues.

McTerry

Nov 4, 2005
*.se
to add..

EDF and the skaarjs was having a fight on an desert planet some years after that.
After this war the UC story is finished. And now Devastation continues.
The story is about involved UC staff members that had their missions and adventures in the galaxy.
But this last war was their last war.

While playing Devastation we could add all these war effect and war alerts in the game.
We can see battleships fighting and AA guns shooting into the skies.
You and your team members got a mission to do, to destroy "something" or "everything". :p

I think this could be changed. So you play with alot of EMTO soldiers while working your way ahead to the MAIN goal.

Did anyone play Quake 4? It could be something alike. :D

Last edited:

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
I haven't played any of the Quake series, but just having a Quake 4 seems a little overdrawn to me. Were Quake, Quake 2, and Quake 3 not good enough that they had to have another sequel?

Anyhow, McT, do you have a (more) complete transcript of the UC storyline? I would love to read how the war unfolds. How do you like the the way the EDF plays out in what I have so far?

McTerry

Nov 4, 2005
*.se
You can see the story at ---> http://www.unrealcore.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=542

The story is far from done. And we haven't came to the war yet.
But I have planned it very well if you ask.
I like the part about EDF. Thing is. I wrote that our team was EDF soldiers.
Dunno if I should add the EMTO instead.

Anyways. The end of the war will end like.. we all died. hehe no one survived.. not even the skaarjs on that planet.

So I was thinkin of.. One year after you play Devastation. It's still a war.
you work for EMTO and got a classified mission on spying on an Skaarj base somewhere in the galaxy. You and your team discovered how advanced the skaarjs have became and this was a very alerting time.
Your team was speechless, you had to alarm the EMTO HQ but what happend?
You are alone now. Where did your friends go?

Efter you compleate some missions here and there you will se other human NPC's running around the bases or the surface and fighters from both races flying around in the sky. Bombing and shooting down ships from both sides.
Skaarj base is at it's highest alert and they have put it their most devastating experiments.
The humans doesn't have the same technology becouse most if it was destroyed while protecting Earth.
So you and all other EMTO squads have to do something.

I hope Devastation can have serveral ways to complete the game or why not even the maps? You can take diffrent routes but you can still complete the game.

But the rest is up to all to decide.

And one more thing. If you want a private forum I can fix it over at Unreal Core.

Last edited:

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
McTerry said:
I hope Devastation can have serveral ways to complete the game or why not even the maps? You can take diffrent routes but you can still complete the game.

But the rest is up to all to decide.

And one more thing. If you want a private forum I can fix it over at Unreal Core.

Multiple paths is something that had crossed my mind. I think some maps would best be left to a single outcome, though. Obviously, you wouldn't want to shoot up the EMTO headquarters in the beginning of the game.

Private forums over at UnrealCore would be nice, but I don't know how many people would want to register there (and still visit here). So...what do the rest think?

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
(shrugs) If the Beyond Unreal admins don't give us anything to work with, I can request some forums at UnrealSP.org. Most of us are already registered there, no?

MrBond

ZHP Founder
Sep 23, 2003
USA
zerohour-productions.net
I wouldn't call it lack of cooperation, more...lack of recognition. Many of the admins freelance for BeyondUnreal, so sometimes the e-mails can get...ignored. Although lately it seems that all my e-mails are lost for some reason.

Oh well. I really don't have any objections to discussing everything out in the open like this (not like there's a lot of public attention towards us, anyways), but if enough people feel strongly about it, I wouldn't mind having another private forum.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Yeah, you're right. I vote to keep it here and send all the top secret stuff on emails.

McTerry

Nov 4, 2005
*.se
As long as BeyondUnreal works good it will be a good choise to stay where we are. :p
But if everything goes wrong I can fix a private forum at once.
Adding a group for "devs only" in no time. I'm an admin at UC boards so I'm quite active. ;)