SP Map Start

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Facts:

OldSchool's SinglePlayer2
bIsFirstSPmap=True

>map starts with Dispersion Pistol.

Question:

>Is it possible to start with NO WEAPON? How?

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
the only way I know of is to go into level properties, then level info and under default game type change it to "vrikersgame", but you'll also start the game with 12 health

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
yes... i checked Legacy's first map in the editor and it was using that. I believe it was for the Unreal/UT demo OR U:RtNP (< because i have it, and we start the game looking at the dropship going away...).

i was reticent in using such because i was unsure it was a custom gametype and/or not working with OldSchool. I'll try.

Other thing:

If i place monsters with altered stats/projectiles/skins in a map, will they save into the map for playing? And can i copy/paste them in other maps (assuming its a SP mappack)?

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
yah you can alter a monsters stats and projectiles and they will save into the map, with a skin you just have to make sure it was included with UT textures otherwise if you mean editing a skin in a paint program then you'll have to add to mylevel or make your own texture package
though I haven't test it, I don't see why you couldn't copy and paste them in other maps, as long as your using stuff that came with UT then there shouldn't be any problem with anything

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Thanks for helping replies Saverok. ;)
I'm moving along nicely in my SP mapping experience. Each new thing i descover is exciting!

Thanks man!

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
Nahand said:
Thanks for helping replies Saverok. ;)
I'm moving along nicely in my SP mapping experience. Each new thing i descover is exciting!

Thanks man!

no problem Nahand
SP mapping is my first love, plus we can always use more SP content
if your interested you can post here and let them know about your project :)
http://unrealsp.org/

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
;)

Yeah... i often check unrealorg (or is it the other with the similar name? I have it bookmarked...). I am still fooling around, and although i have some pretty solid ideas of a few things i would like to map, i still don't have anything to show or to speak about (let alone the skill to actually fulfill those things...). I will inform in the proper places when *something* actually exists :D .

Stakhanov

Invisible Pink Unicorn
Apr 7, 2002
France - Paris 14eme
Visit site
Just a small detail with the VRiker game info : you always start looking at the ceiling (or sky in RTNP) , then your view rotates to the horizontal plane. If your character isn't supposed to be hurt , you may add custom medpacks (check their properties , and remove their inventory sounds and notices) to bring his health back to 100 (or higher)

Keep in mind that you can override any model / health setting with a custom player actor (ie : a nali who jumps slightly higher , or a skaarj trooper with slightly more max health) ; though they might not work with some SP game infos like the Team Vortex game info (which is necessary to have friendly units follow you)