helicopter brush

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T101

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
I've spent many hours modeling this helicopter in the hopes of turning it in a drivable.

This time I've been using the 2D editor and I think it should be pretty BSP-safe now.

It's supposed to look like a huey. Tell me what you think of it.

(now I'm hoping I can upload some pics...)

Earth, Soul, Rock 'n Roll

T101

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
Last one. Would have wanted to put them all in one post, but I guess I would have had to upload the pics to an FTP server then.

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
Its preatty good, i´ve tryed to make a huey meself, but thouse damned BSP holes cept comming everywhere, i guess UED dont like the shape of it?

U should try lowering and tilting the uhh "long stick comming out its butt" a bit- no alot.

gfsig3.jpg

HEAD SLAYER GOAT of the Black Hand BMA tribe.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
this is just a suggestion, but hit the select all button in 3d mode, make everything unlit, and then could you put up another pic? i can barely see it.

btw. whats its purpose? how are you gonna implement that into a map?

JB.gif

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
No drivable ones as of yet that I know of.
But the huey looks nice. Lower the tilting a little.

sig.gif

Sometimes I feel like you want me to fail...

Pacman@planetunreal.com

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
Thats exactly what i meen T101, just couldent find the english word.

The "Tail boom" starts allmost at the bottom of the fusalage and points upwards.

gfsig3.jpg

HEAD SLAYER GOAT of the Black Hand BMA tribe.

T101

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
OK, some new shots. I've raised the ambient brightness almost to the max, so it doesn't look as pretty as it could, but at least it's visible.

T101

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
Oh yeah, by the way, those rotors are spinning, and you don't want to stand directly under that tail rotor - it hurts...

T101

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
With regard to maps with drivables: I do have two maps for U1 with Inf 2.6 (and an extra package) for which I modeled the APC and the PT-boat.
Those are still on my drive, but I haven't worked on them for a long time. They still need a believable edge, and the one with the PT-boat is pretty massive (and heavy).
They're also Inf2.6 specific (I put Inf weapons and the CD stuff in) and I'm using H&K69 shells for a mortar.

To tell you the truth, modeling a mover that you can walk into and which still looks good is a lot of work, and I haven't spent all of my spare time on Unrealed either.

In the short term, I'm going to be working on some vehicles (the huey, perhaps a freighter - i.e. a ship, and a Tiger tank). I've also downloaded the M3 halftrack from Bastard'O 's site - just going to have a look at making that a drivable. If I do, I'll send it back to Bastard'O.

T101

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
Cool! The heli brush looks good in other maps as well (without the original BSP).

Just need to make a bit more room to get into the ****pit more easily.

Then I'm going to attach the doors, perhaps model some weapon pods (which you can include or not include, so you can choose a gunship or a slick).

On another note: I'm contemplating creating standard projectiles that can be fired by a drivable regardless of installed mods. Otherwise all drivables will end up firing mod-specific projectiles and it will be more work to port maps between mods that way.

T101

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
Oh my! I accidentally said c.ock!

_Someone please turn of that censoring already_

Anyway it's the c.ockpit ok?

T101

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
OK it looks like I'll be releasing the huey soon. I've got the doors on, some missile pods, just going to add some nodes for the bots and then it should be ready.

BTW: it's going to kick butt with those missile pods. :D