Tutorial on vertexcolorblending with maya 5PLE

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
I'm using IE. I just tried again to make sure and they're there on the German one, but not on the English one. And I did refresh.

I don't know...

Regardless, thanks for the tutorials. :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I made a cave tutorial on the mapping forum a little while ago.
Vertext painting only work with retail maya's

Chavez1

Oct 4, 2004
Kantham said:
I made a cave tutorial on the mapping forum a little while ago.
Vertext painting only work with retail maya's

That´s why I wrote this tutorial, the clue is, you have to export the vertexcolor and use it as mask in the combiner.

I also get a 404. And my college German didn't help me one damn bit lol...

How do you export the vertex colors from PLE? I've been trying to do this myself.

P.S. That site is a SERIOUS pain in the ass to login too. I asked it to remember me and it still makes me type that stupid effin security thing everytime.

Last edited:

Chavez1

Oct 4, 2004
4.) Exporting the Vertexcolor:
When you are ready with vertexcoloring, open (if not already open) the Paint Vertex Color Tool Optionbox. (Editpolygons>Color)
Select Attribute Maps>Export.
Export value Luminance.
1024x1024 is the most used size, for smaller meshes you can of course use a smaller size (e.g. 512x512).
Hit “Export…” and save the file as .tiff.

Use this tex as source for making a alphatex from it, use this as a mask in a combiner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Any idea for a mirror for the tutorial (somewhere it fits, not only one of the fileshare sites).

The www.unrealedforum.de is the best german forum I know!
In the moment are some changes, this might cause that troubles.