why not lean into the shot?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wildfrogman

Sep 30, 2001
usa
Visit site
if you lean into a rifle, nade launcher etc the recoil ofcoarse flips the barrel up. BUT normally in real life when recoil pushes you back you sway and come back onto target, not just aim up farther and farther. This would make 3 shot bursts more realistic rather that pulling down with the mouse. Atleast that is my view, and no i dont want it to instantly go back on target either but make that soldier LEAN INTO the shots

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
I think successfully leaning into a shot is a skill that shooters gain. In an effort to represent this skill, the player is forced to do that by moving the mouse down. So think of it as a skill you develop, not one the game hands to you on a silver platter (like lining up the sights).

Anyway, autoleveling is bad. This at least puts the control in the hands of the players. :tup:

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
NO!
The player fighting to keep the climbing gun down is what causes inaccuracy, just like in real life.
To remove that it to remove a fundemental of infiltration. No way.

asmodeus

DB addict
Mar 25, 2001
www.williamscanady.com
some people have said that the recoil should not be straight up, but a little to the side too, anyone got any harder data on this?

It certainly would make controling recoil more of a challenge.... for a while;)

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
I remember one of the team mentioned that the recoil would be corrected from being straight up to a slight pull toward your handedness (which it should be). Don't know what came of that, or when. Perhaps a teammember would like to comment.

wildfrogman

Sep 30, 2001
usa
Visit site
when i posted the idea, i wasnt wanting to go right back on target like it sounded. Just more of a action like in real life, i dont want it to come right back on target. Off to the side so you would still have to drag your mouse to get back on target. Or if you shot more than you could handle with the lean it would stay up and keep on. I dont disagree totally with dragging the mouse back down on target, i can do that fine, but thought maybe there is a better way.