is this possible ( please say yes )

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

chainer

Sep 3, 2005
hey im new here and I am in need of sersious help fast .. My mod team has a review coming up and we realy want a up on the other team .. no one knows how to add their own animations yet or even make a rig in maya that works with unreal 2004 yet. ... so my question and problem is, is there a way that I can download a male character rig that has the unreal 2004 animations on it then weight it to my mesh and export it into unreal 2004 ed ??? or even if i could just export my character into unreal in the standard T-Pose and set it to the player model and just have it float around with out animations ??? we are desperatly trying to avoide using one of the unreal 2004 characters in our presentation on a giant screen on a sound stage lol .. if you need my .mel file just ask I am willing to all and any solutions or answears. Please respond hehe and thanks before hand.

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
Oh my god angel, that sig made me laugh so hard. I was actually giggling.

chainer

Sep 3, 2005
:( ack this not the news I was looking for lol .. well if you got any sources this would be very helpfull. My school ... listen to this only supports maya 6.5 but demands we make our mods in unreal 2004 .. wtf is this ...

chainer

Sep 3, 2005
hmmm since things dont look so good when it comes to taking the character out of maya do you think this would work ?? ( this is pure speculation btw ) could I possibly some how export from maya to milkshape and then from there somehow get a default rig on it and into unreal ?? i'm bringing this up because when ever i hear of mod dev or what not I hear the program milkshape pop up at least once.

chainer

Sep 3, 2005
ic ic .. well looks like were SOL for milestone one critical review lol .. im so happy im not team lead hell im not even art lead so Its no skin off my back, but oh man do i fear for my art leads life lol.

devilShadow

Aug 28, 2005
if you head over to 3dbuzz and search around a bit you can find a maya version of the UT skeleton that's named and oriented properly. Then it's just a matter of binding your model to it and putting it in the game. Also if you have the UT2k4 ed that has all the tutorials and such with it, there should be a Maya PLE ver of the skeleton. Here's the thread:

http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=65573

Last edited: