Feedback is good

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SandRock

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2003
NeoCairo Temples
Just a quick question before i go to bed, is it possible to get my username to show SandRock instead of sandrock.. looks so dull ;)

Cheers =) , nice site so far :D

SandRock

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2003
NeoCairo Temples
Alright ill try and do that =)
Hey when are we going to see some songs of you on Radio Free TeamOrbit TB, i think i lost your songs from my harddrive :( Its sweet man :D

Actually, I do have a music video here, featuring our drummer Lynn, bassplayer Paleobuzz (Team Orbit mapper) and myself performing one of our songs "Black Widow" (No relation to the NeoCairo fan of the same name). We may post it, who knows. We do plan sets broadcasted by Team Orbit sanctioned bands. As you know I front for the band LoveBat, so you can expect us to rock your PC in the near future.

BTW, some of our music will make it into the soundtrack of our release. Also, in NeoCairo there actually is a band. They are part of the scorched earth people, and their name is "Bulletproof". Believe it or not, they have a role in our story. Nuff said...

UThor

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2005
Music is Good

It will certainly be great once we can get some music up here. After all, 'music sooths the savage beast', and I could certainly use some soothing!!! All of the NeoCairo stuff was great! Sometimes I still pull 'em out and blast the office with it!

Comrade Jerkov

You are in contravention...
Dec 23, 2005
Brittannium
I'd much rather have the Flak Cannon :p

Anyways, I dunno when you updated that Ontos mech, but it looks WAY better than your old render for it I saw on the old boards :)

If there's one criticism I could make, it's that the hair on the human models in your gallery archive seems...plastic-y. I dunno if that's because it was an early skin or whatnot, but that skin didn't do the amount of detail you put into everything else justice. I am guessing it's not a final thing though.

I would like to request a few details about what each mech, or a few of their weapons, can do :D

Yes, well most of those pics are WIP "classics" from our old site, which we uploaded well over a year ago. At that time, they were still being skinned, and had no hair texture, at all. Actually there are many old pics in that gallery.

We'll do a mag7 update in the near future.

Also.. that is the first skinned version of the Ontos that we have shown since UT'99. You may be reffering to an early WIP remodeling of the Ontos by Xen, which was never skinned. This most recent version, also modeled by Xen, more closely resembles its UT'99 predecessor.

SandRock

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2003
NeoCairo Temples
Ontos... wasnt that the biggest UT99 mech, with a 'flat' cockpit.. kind off?

*checks for a picture*
*finds his 1 year old merry xmas sigs and uploads it*
*searches his HD further...*
bigmech.gif

that one?

Comrade Jerkov

Dec 23, 2005
Brittannium
Yeah, I do love that mech, and the way it deals 50 different kinds of f***ed up to the enemy :lol:

Your new one looks way better than the unskinned on I referred to. I especially love the new guns you've racked on it. Any chance of telling us what a few of the vehicle guns are? We know of the BoloGun (which I neglected in the UT99 NeoCairo due to its inability to kill...I found the Fist of Ra more powerful) and MechArm, and can guess the AR and Long Rifle, but though we can see the weapons, we dunno what they do. Are they lasers á la BattleTech? Heavy tank-esque cannons? Or something else entirely (If so please specify ;) )?

UThor

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2005
Weapons in NeoCairo

Hold on there, Comrade. The bologun in the old NeoCairo, while an experiment in complicated projectiles, provided much reward for those who gave it a thorough examination. Here were some of it's capabilities and uses...
Primary fire
* Knocks an opponent off of his feet. Since many of the TO maps were based in space, this usually also meant off a precipice and certain death. What a taunt to knock someone off his (or her) feet to their death.
* Anyone ever learn to use the jack hammer for an assisted jump? Try this with the bologun and you could literally sail over buildings.
Alternate fire
* Alternate fire projectiles left a smoke trail - and could usually provide a single shot kill, even to a shielded opponent. It carried high explosives!!

Primary fire could also be quite fun in an enclosed space. Kinda 'mix things up a bit...'
Alternate fire also came in handy when attacking mechs.

The intent of the alternate fire was to make that projectile home on ints target - we just never got that far before moving on to other items on our agenda.

I refined the programming on many of the weapons and mechs in that release, and tested most to learn what value they could bring to the wielder.

Did anyone know that the mech arm had THREE modes of fire?

:D

SandRock

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2003
NeoCairo Temples
Speaking of ut99 NC weapons, like ive suggested back then, it would be neat to see a weapon which will slow your fall by shooting down to the ground. Back then you had one that emitted a green bar of energy. It would give a nice tactical advantage to have such a (low ammo) gun in the game =)

Yes. well that acually is one use of the BoloGun. Remember that the BoloGun is a trick weapon (and for a time, my favorite). It did everything I needed. Primary fire was at a laughable 5 points of damage. but it displaced your opponent quickly, like off of a ledge. It could also break your fall from a great distance. Three Primary rounds straight into the ground could put you up on top of a ledge over 100 feet high. In stark contrast, its alt fire delivers an explosive 200 points of damage. Those that did not like the BoloGun, did not consider its strategic design. Speaking of design:

* NeoCairo Design Trivia: Some of you may not know that the BoloGun was originally engineered to cause an opponent to trip and fall to the ground, losing his weapon, and of course making him look terribly silly.

Comrade Jerkov

Dec 23, 2005
Brittannium
LOL, that would be an interesting use :lol:

The thing is, I am more of a 'get the kill' player. If knocking your enemy off ledges gave you the kill as it does in UT2004, I'd have been more inclined to use the Bolo. I don't dispute it has that potential (as did the Shield Rifle, or whatever it was called), but I actually like to score kills, not just knock points off my rival :p

In UT, you're more likely to find me with a Sniper Rifle or a Flak Cannon as opposed to, say, the Ripper or Shock Rifle. As cool as the latter two are, I find that with my playstyle they don't have anything like the killing potential of the former two. I don't have time to go shooting my alt-fire with my primary, or play bouncy-bouncy...if I wanna do bouncy I blap the flechettes off the wall ;)

As it was, even the alt-fire paled by comparison of the mighty MechArm, which the enemy usually had when I was packing a Bolo...'Outgunned' is too loose a term for such a scenario, which makes me even more neglectful of it.

And yes, I did know that you could press both fire buttons to supposedly lob a grenade behind you. I think there was a bug whereby it didn't work so well, though. I'd press both and the nade would still lob from the front. Not that I bothered with the grenades when the 18-barrel minigun could pulverise even the likes of the Selket or, in the Bots' hands, the majority of the Suits...

SandRock

Team Orbit
Nov 24, 2003
NeoCairo Temples
I still play UT2004 vehicle ctf quite often. I use the flag cannon alot there, but every weapon has its advantages. I even got to be good using just the shield gun, and cap flags with just using it aswell =)

in NC99 I was always using the hornet suit to kill things :D Gotta love that suit!!

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
SandRock said:
Speaking of ut99 NC weapons, like ive suggested back then, it would be neat to see a weapon which will slow your fall by shooting down to the ground.

The Tgun imparted momentum to the owner by means of "kickback", the projectile also imparted momentum to the target and would richochet several times for making "bank shots" :)
The Tgun projectile was glowing green spent uranium, but it was no beam weapon...