making the mists...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

terak

Jun 12, 2001
One pyramid facing another...
Visit site
Just making sure I have this right.

I have a waterfall, visible, but inaccessible for players. From the skybridge, they can barely see the intersection between the falls and the river it hits. I am trying to hide this with appropriate mist effects.

So, I create a fog zone at the intersection (how do I set that up, anyway?), and I set a zone info in the skybridge, telling it to show fog.

Is this right? When I get home after class, I will add a screenshot to show the bridge, inside and out.

Thanks for any help.

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
terak man, dont make any fog zone, in fact dont make another zone at all. Locate the zone where that waterfall is. Add a zoneinfo actor and set the property bfog to true.
Now add some lights where you want the zone to appear. in the lights properties, go to lighting, and modify the volumetric options and Rebuild. There you go.

Greetings
GRINGOLOCO

terak

Jun 12, 2001
One pyramid facing another...
Visit site
Going by the screenshot for the level, could I use "Fetid Sewers to find out the settings I should use?

Thanks for the advice by the way. That volumetric will only make fog where the light is visible, right? This is a fairly small cavern containing the falls, and I just want to hide that intersection between textures.

Time until screenshots: 12 hours. I hate going to school from 5:30 - 10:30 at night.