UE3 - UDK placing vehicles on map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

recofpc

Apr 28, 2012
Hi,
When I place a vehicle on a map, I can't see it, I only see the "red-yellow-blue" arrow thing (don't remember the name of it).

Maybe I found what the problem could be but I don't understand it : In a "Map Check" window(don't know how I found it), I can read 2 bad things :

"Nav UTVehicleFactory_Cicada_1 shares GUID with UTVehicleFactory_Cicada_0"

and

"No paths from UTVehicleFactory_DarkWalker_1"

any help ?

guitarxe

Dec 8, 2010
First thing to check... do you have lighting? Click on the "Unlit View" on the interface.

recofpc

Apr 28, 2012
Thanks for your answer. yes, I did what you say, and it works, but only for default vehicles. It doesn't work for modded vehicles (XS and CaptainSnarf's). How can I place a modded vehicle ?

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
If I recall correctly the way to do this is as follows (not 100% sure this works):

Place a vehicle spawner in the map. Remember what vehicle you set it to.
Select it.
Press CTRL + C.
Paste the contents in notepad.
Somewhere in there should be the classname of the vehicle you originally picked. Replace that with the classname of the modded vehicle.
Select everything and CTRL + C.
Go back to editor, delete the spawner you placed before and hit CTRL - V, that should paste the vehicle spawner. It might not show up in the editor, but it should work when you play test the map.

Again, I'm not 100% sure this works with vehicles, but this is how you can make an Enforcer pickup.