Onslaught Vid

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tenkken

Prizemoney
Oct 4, 2004
New York City
http://www.filefactory.com/get/v2.1/f2.php?f=bc7b9dd765f0a6cc13e5ecbc

Here's a quotation of PHAZON from onscentral.com:

"Pretty sweet, I really think that a video that shows how DM dominates Onslaught may go a ways in showing that Ons is actually legit and not just for kids who race to the Leviathan. Things such as clubbing a manta, jumping on a tank and flakking it, and the best kill in the game, hitting someone with lightning as they bail from a raptor."

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Tenkken said:
http://www.filefactory.com/get/v2.1/f2.php?f=bc7b9dd765f0a6cc13e5ecbc

Here's a quotation of PHAZON from onscentral.com:

"Pretty sweet, I really think that a video that shows how DM dominates Onslaught may go a ways in showing that Ons is actually legit and not just for kids who race to the Leviathan. Things such as clubbing a manta, jumping on a tank and flakking it, and the best kill in the game, hitting someone with lightning as they bail from a raptor."
I did that last one to Hyru once... wish to all ****ing hell I had a demo of that shot.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Closest I've ever come to actually killing someone before they hit the ground was on some random Dawn match during FragBU.... Hit someone's (I think it was Haarg, but I really can't remember) raptor like five times in a row with shock and they jumped out and I hit them twice before they hit the ground because they weren't very far away and the first shot pushed them more up than out and slowed them down a tad. He probably had 10 health left at that point... SPLAT. I think I like that more than I would actually killing someone in the air, though a headshot on someone falling would be awesome.

I'm guessing by the horrible jerkiness of that video that demos still don't work right with vehakals. Shame on Epic. :eek:

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
I've hit falling bots with LtG a bunch of times. I know I've done it with shock a lot on the WGS vCTF server. More common, and almost as satisfying, is jumping out of a Raptor just as it's about to blow and nailing your attacker as you fall. Of course, the old jump on the tank and flak it is a standard move, except we use the shield gun on WGS.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
hmm. I didn't see the falling headshot, but instead my vid cuts off when he's doing the tank vs manta on that map with the deemer in the burnt aircraft wtf. it just cuts off in the middle of music.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
briach said:
hmm. I didn't see the falling headshot, but instead my vid cuts off when he's doing the tank vs manta on that map with the deemer in the burnt aircraft wtf. it just cuts off in the middle of music.
Yeah it seems like it starts too late and ends too soon here (cuts straight into video+music, and cuts off at the same moment you mention).

flo0tz

May 1, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
That video was good... why?
Any decent player could go onto an ONS server and effortlessly pull any of those kills. The tank vs raptor/mantas part was ok.

bharsell

Mar 8, 2005
The video was a work in progress when Pool released it. I think he said he's never done anything like this before and kinda did it as a learning tool. He said if he would have finished it like he wanted, then a lot of the frags in the video would have been pulled since they weren't extraordinary. All of the frags are from PUGS, scrims, matches so its good players in the video, not some random pub guys. It runs choppy for some, but it ran fine for me with vlan player. He used fraps to get the footage, so that kinda adds to the choppiness.