Texture question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

raydioactive

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
Is it possible to move a texture (not the object it's texturing though), Just the texture, like you can move a piece of the architecture if it's not perfectly in place, thus enabling you to balance the texture pattern exactly?

Aquahutch

Jan 22, 2000
Visit site
Yup....Just right click your texture in the 3d window and the surface properties will come up. Just choose the Pan tab to move it around 'til you like it. The scale tab is there too if it's not the right size.

If you want to line up the same texture on more than one brush (say a row of steps or lights or something) than Ctrl-left click all the textures you want to move and then right-click to do them all at once.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
To delete a texture from a texture package, first make sure it isn't in use anywhere. Then right-click on the texture in the browser and click delete. Save the package and you're set.

I find that it's best to use your first 2 initials and a dash to ensure that your texture names are unique. In my case it's "HC-". If names aren' unique another texture with the same name will end up being used.

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
Right, I understand that, say I made a wall or column and didnt want it anymore, and had moved the brush away to do some thing else, how would I get rid of it...sorry that is confusing I know.

Heres another way to say it, is there a way that I can keep multiple brushed on the level so if I dont like something, I can get rid of it? Thus far I have made cube after cube brush and had them all change and I dont know how to, get rid of a wall that I have made, or how to keep the brush...

Sorry for the dumb question, theres probably a really easy answer right in front of my face..
CC

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
What about deleting a texture without a brush present...I find that some times Ill make a mistake, and want to resize/change/get rid of something, but I dont know how to get rid of the texture, and am stuck...all help is appreciated.

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
You want to delete textures? Well, if you mean just get them outta the map, just change it by clicking on it, then selecting another texture. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

Jenkins