CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I quite like both game modes, but Hal is right in that to have a good HC game you really need lower player counts than on regular servers for it to be fun. (obviously map size being a factor too)

I also find that on the bigger part of the HC servers I play people tend to act more as a team than on vanilla servers.

I also imagine that HC is not the best game mode to start off in. You need to get a feel for the guns clip sizes first. Also learning to throw back nades even with the indicator on is pretty tricky at first. Just how rewarding is it when you do actually manage to lob a nade back to it's sender :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I think you've been playing on overcrowded HC servers.

Nope nope.
Just <-20 player servers, and I keep on getting pissed at the gametype. It gets my personal "worse gametype of the year" reward TBH.

To each his own I guess, the normal gameplay has all I need, the HC mode is like instagib with camping.

Mar 6, 2004
I've just completed the single player part of it and although time wise it was pretty short it could have been even shorter if I didn't die as much and I doubt I'll play through it again.

Played through it on the 2 easiest difficultys, half way through on the 3rd difficulty...the part i'm at is like...WTF!!!!

Anyway this games fun except when you unload entire clips into players and they ARE STILL ALIVE yet you take a few shots to die WTF!!!!!

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Soon I will be able to play cod4 n64 style with 4 players against each other on one screen. Like the good old goldeneye/perfect dark days :)

I've been looking for an mp game on the xbox360 to fill that vacant spot and I just might've found it.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Anyone know how to get rid of the white screen of death? everytime i zoom in it's like getting flashed, but all weird colorey thing.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
I quite like both game modes, but Hal is right in that to have a good HC game you really need lower player counts than on regular servers for it to be fun. (obviously map size being a factor too)

I agree. HC is only fun with 12 people or less, imo. Normal mode is fun with up to 24 people.

Also, D2F have a brand new 12 slot server in the Netherlands: 82.94.228.73:28960 :)
It's normal mode with gametype- and mapvoting.
We haven't decided on the details for the server, so it's possible we may change it to HC. I'm voting no on that, btw. :p

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Again Ben Croshaw fails at making me laugh.

Anyway, I just unlocked the M14. I find the P90 to be more efficient since I am used to it, I am not feeling really secure for using the M14 iron sight, so I just try to get kills from close range without using the sight hoping that eventually I'll unlock the red dot sight and maybe kill stuff.

Nothing has made me safer than the P90 so far, it even went over my expectations and it truly deals better than my AK-74 w/ silencer. I can deal a lot of damage when bursting from a medium distance.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
I love HC. Never in hardcore do people bunny hop, and camping is actually much harder to do. If you know where the camper is, you can probably land the first shot. It also forces you to take cover and use some tactics. And in hardcore the m16 is actually useful.

Whenever playing any gametype, I always avoid servers over 15 players.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
What is so wrong about bunny hop? Oh yeah, I just got called "learn how to aim p90 noobffs" by some bunny hopping guy named "PWNAGE" after I killed him. Sounds like all the idiot kids are out by this time of day, so many of them.

Last edited:

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
You shoot a guy, so he start jumping and spamming in every which direction. After you wasted your clip shooting at him while he jumped and started to reload, he wastes you. This does not happen in HC because of the 1 hit kill.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You shoot a guy, so he start jumping and spamming in every which direction. After you wasted your clip shooting at him while he jumped and started to reload, he wastes you. This does not happen in HC because of the 1 hit kill.

Why does it makes a big difference? The only times I've seen bunny hopping useful was in the corners, especially if the guy on the other side of the corner is in prone position. Then again, I never seen someone waste an entire clip on someone that was bunny hopping. Sounds like HC is for "newbs" that worries about stuff that takes more than 2 hits to kill TBFH. :)