ut2004.ini

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
is there a way (command line) to use a different ut2004.ini for when launching unwheel? i want to have a seperate ut2004.ini for unwheel and regular ut2k4.
i see a different UnWheelUser.ini just for unwheel .... just wondering

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
ProjectX said:
if you use windows it appears in the start bar when you install it, "play unwheel (custom user.ini)"

i know it uses UnWheelUser.ini and ut2004.ini.
i would like a seperate ut2004.ini just for unwheel... if possible

maybe i'm mixed up... wouldnt be the 1st time... :lol:

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Mmmm .. i know how to do this for severs ... not to sure for users. I htink there is a command line you can put in the EXE shortcut on your desktop that will allow you to tell in which file to use.

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
sorry to bump this.... but i guess i should say what my goal was here. :rolleyes:

i want to not see the regular UT gametypes listed on both the opening "Instant Action" screen and the dropdown list of gametypes on the server browser.... just unwheel gametypes to choose from.

if anyone knows the sections of the .ini's that controls this....please let me know. I may be screwed though since it looks like ut2004.ini is loaded by both unwheel and regular ut2k4...thats kinda why i wanted seperate .ini's

i got Red Orchestra and the server browser only display's RO and (for some reason) ONS. i gotta compare those ini's again when i get home.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Well, for a seperate ut2004.ini to be used, go into the shortcut properties and add the commandline -ini=ININAME where ININAME is the name of the new UT2004.ini
If it doesn't exist when you start the shortcut, it will be made based off of default.ini and/or ut2004.ini
Or you can just copy the ut2004.ini and rename the copy.

And I think this will allow you to tweak what gametypes are listed: [Engine.MaplistManager]
It's in the ut2004.ini