Just ask the Rukee!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
No...sorry.
i`ve never had any problems like what you disscribed.
But then again.....I use Athlon equipment not intell.
That might be part of your problem.
In the BOIS of one of my boards is an option for ata66 or 100....did you look in there???

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
yeah, i think i narrowed it down, when you install NT based OS's on an NTFS partition, you have to have the ata66 (u66) driver installed first (F6 to install 3rd party drivers) before you install win2K or winXP. So basically i've destroyed the file i needed so i will have to remake it.

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Originally posted by TheRealFluffy
Rukee, any good files to make my Windows 98SE a bit cleaner? Registry cleaners, hard disk cleaners, Windows Cleaners?

Or is the only way to get the speed back up a format c:?

Here is a good utility for cleaning up your computer....and it`s free

CLEAN SYSTEM DIRECTORY for win 98

also if you don`t manage your own virtual memory I would do that too. Right click my computer and click proprties, then virtual memory. A good rule of thumb to use is two and a half times your real on board memory. so if you have 128mb set the min and max virtual memory settings to 320mb. MAKE SURE THE MIN AND MAX ARE EXACLY THE SAME!! Or your puter just might not start!! Als be sure to only make this change AFTER a defrag. the first thing after the defrag. Also look at the file system and make sure it says network server and read ahead is set to full.
Give those a try and report back.

SS3MajinGotenk

Dec 17, 2001
Visit site
Alarm Points

Rukee, I've been reading through these posts and have found that you are the man to ask for help. Maybe you can help with this also? I map for Monster Hunt mod. Dratted triggers. K, heres what i've done. I'm helping build a map for MH (monster hunt) and doing some triggering. Well after the counter and getting the door to open after the count is up I can't get the stupid brutes to follow there alarm points. Help!!!

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Originally posted by StoneViper

what if you are running 768mb ram? still use 2.5x that¿

and is there one for winME or winXP¿

Yes I would try that same 2 1\2 times ratio.....
and that cleaner will work with winME...but not sure on XP.

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Re: Alarm Points

Originally posted by SS3MajinGotenk
Rukee, I've been reading through these posts and have found that you are the man to ask for help. Maybe you can help with this also? I map for Monster Hunt mod. Dratted triggers. K, heres what i've done. I'm helping build a map for MH (monster hunt) and doing some triggering. Well after the counter and getting the door to open after the count is up I can't get the stupid brutes to follow there alarm points. Help!!!

sorry....I know verry little about mapping.....all I know could be found in my one great map DM-Toberus}{. Take a look at it mabee it would be good for the MH MOD.
I would post you problem in the advanced level editing section of the forum.

[DecoY]

Phat out of hell
Nov 6, 2001
MIA: please find me
Re: Re: Alarm Points

Originally posted by Rukee

sorry....I know verry little about mapping.....all I know could be found in my one great map DM-Toberus}{. Take a look at it mabee it would be good for the MH MOD.
I would post you problem in the advanced level editing section of the forum.

Teehee... Finally something the Rukee don't know!!!!!