UT All UT Skins/Models from SkinCity

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
The guys at Atomic Gamer were kind enough to allow me to download the entire UT skin database that they recovered from SkinCity. I packaged it up into a torrent file and added all the thumbnails I could rip from SC.

Grab the torrent here:
http://utrustedplayer.com/gopostal/ALLUTSkins.7z.torrent

Contents are:
1638 Skin/model zips
1200+ Thumbnails (low quality)

Please seed this until everyone who wants it gets it. This was a really classy move by Atomic Gamer and a nice save of the skins that were so hard to find. Let them know you appreciate what they did.

Long live UT, and enjoy all these :tup:

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
This link gives me 403:
403 - Forbidden Error
You are not allowed to access this address.
If the error persists, please contact the website webmaster.

If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to cPanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.

Common reasons for this error are:

Incorrect file/directory permissions: Below 644.

In order files to be read by the web server, their permissions have to be equal or above 644. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.
Restrictive Apache directives inside .htaccess file.

There are two Apache directives which can cause this error - 'Deny from' and 'Options -Indexes'.

Jumpy hoster?

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Thanks, and sorry for the trouble Lynx. I'll leave it sharing for the next couple of weeks too. Hopefully someone will consider remaking SkinCity now in some working form.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
No, but I did get Happy notified. I left messages with Aloof and Sullen but Angry just can't be found.

Seriously, how am I supposed to have the first idea what you are talking about?

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
No, but I did get Happy notified. I left messages with Aloof and Sullen but Angry just can't be found.

Seriously, how am I supposed to have the first idea what you are talking about?

Don't give me that lip: SaD is the Skincity site owner. If you actually went to the site you'd have an idea who I refer to.

You could've emailed him or posted on the Skincity forums for his blessing.

Also lumping in everything on a torrent might make some authors mad too.

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
"Don't give me that lip"? Who talks like that? Unless you use a walker and buy depends you should try something more forceful.

SkinCity hosted files, now they don't. Why are they even relevant to this discussion? As for the authors, they posted work publicly. I made no changes whatsoever to their packages and only offered a mirror for more people to get their file. Yeah I can see why they would get upset.

I swear I had this discussion a week back with another admin. I told him "You watch, someone will think up some way why this is wrong and get all righteous about it." It never fails, no matter what you do someone has to criticize it.

So, in short: I don't care if you like it or not. Don't download it.

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
Somebody is in need of support as it seems:
gopostal is not doing anything wrong, he is not changing the readmes, stating an Adrew Stutt from Hellgamers has modified a work from dots or something like that (nobody remembers about Kaal?). Looks like he is not even "repackaging" the stuff. He is just mirroring the files. In these matters he is a very honest person (I think highly of people like him, since most do not give a crap about credits and co). Basically it is the same as ut-files.com is doing (or unrealtexture.com), not as website, but rather as a torrent (just a different type of service).

The internet is not a place where stuff keeps for all the time and forever. Sites can go down and what do you think happens if authors all upload their work on the same.. baam, all gone! For example if gamefront (formerly filefront) goes down, you can not imagine what mass of stuff will disappear, most likely forever. map-factory is also already an other of these important sites. I found my released old work also sometimes on other sites without knowing, so what? If the archive does not get changed, why should I care in the first place? Ok, I can not "control" the download count (there are people who exactly want to control THIS) to the fullest degree, but overall I do not have a problem with it. I mean people really prefer files disappearing forever instead get hosted without getting notified, just getting asked for sharing and hosting their work? :rolleyes:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I have a rather massive UT websites rip package that I'm working on now too. It goes way back and has a lot of 'lost' stuff in it. I think it's going to be too big to torrent though.

However this one does make me nervous because I'm quite sure there is content in it that wasn't meant to be shared as a full release. The problem is the amount of files involved is so voluminous that there is no way to pick through it all. It's taking me days just to trim the crap out and remove anything personal.

My question to you guys is this: Should I share this knowing it will almost surely offend a few people? There are things in this repository that I've never seen anywhere and is most likely 'lost' to you or unknown. It would be a huge help to admins and developers to get their hands on it but it comes at the price of some work being published that never was meant to be. I've tried to be cautious about permissions in my UT dev work but this will clearly violate that.

I'm really torn about this. What's your opinion?

Ryuuga

Jan 26, 2011
Thanks, this is great, downloading and seeding (my internet is slow, but is something)

And I put it here to spread as much as can be possible: UnrealArgentina

Greetings

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Here's a good example. I just ran across this not 10 minutes ago and I copied the page to my site:
http://utrustedplayer.com/ruu/ruu_convert.html
I've never seen this before but it could be damn handy. A quick search for this guy shows nothing since 2004 for the email but it was never released and I must have grabbed it in an archive. This is just the smallest bit of what's in there and it could be very useful.

Unless someone has strenuous objections I'm going to work this out to a release of some sort. I'm not sure how though...