Stuck player

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spacedebris

Mar 7, 2001
ventura, Ca
Visit site
Anyone know why on some maps (not all just some) when the game starts I get stuck. I cant move. I can switch weapons and I can hear the gun fire but the ammo doesnt deplete and i dont hit anything. I cant move forward, backward or even turn in place. Also when this happen and I try to type in a question, I see what I typed go up on the screen but instead of being green like the rest it is white and my name doesnt apear on the talk screen.
it is supposed to look like

spacedebris: Help

but it looks like this instead

Help

as soon as it goes to a new map everything is ok. and I have tested it to know that it always happens on the same map. Now I have tried to delete the map and download a fresh copy and install and that doesnt work. I also tried to delete it and download from the server and that doesnt work either.

now here is the kicker. The server is Mine. I put the map on the server and am using the same copy (since I sent it to the server in the first place) and the map works fine on single player mode.

Help!!! :D Thanks

PS. I have also tried deleting it from the server and loading up a new copy and that doesnt help either. This happens occasionally on other servers with different maps.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
I know some people start in spectator mode. That also happend to me awhile ago.
What happens if you press F5 several times when this happens?

Doctor7

May 1, 2001
Reading, UK
www.genesis-sf.org.uk
Was it a CTF map? I've had this on one of my few favourite CTF maps (can't think of the name but it's one of the snow-themed ones from last Christmas) and was told that it's a spurious 'commander' actor (spectator mode but with the ability to give your team orders - could have been a cool game mode if anyone had used it properly).

It affects the first person to join the team so if you're testing the server, that would explain why it's always you.

I have no idea what the actor class is but you could probably find and delete it in UnrealEd - of course then you'd be running a non-standard copy of the map.

[Edit] Actually, if I remember, I was able to move normally, just not fire, so it doesn't sound like the same problem [/Edit]

spacedebris

Mar 7, 2001
ventura, Ca
Visit site
different error

Doctor it sounds like a different error. When this happens you cant move. From your perspective all you can do is look straight ahead. If you hit fire you can hear the shots and you can see your weapon recoil but no depletion of ammo and you cant see a shot. (cant even hit someone standing in front of you). It last happened on a CTF map but I have the problem on a couple of different maps. Some DM and some CTF. It also show your name in white on the F1 menu. I still havent found an answer to this one.

Oh also, everyone else can see you and they can shoot you, you just cant shoot back.

spacedebris

Mar 7, 2001
ventura, Ca
Visit site
Thank you impact

I really apreciate that. Just one question. If I put this on the server, will it stop it from happening to other players? Or will each player that is having problems have to download this fix? Thanks

][mpact

Oct 8, 2001
Visit site
Your welcome.

I'm not sure about the issue of having this fix installed on a server, that will fix "it" for all players visiting that server.

Did you install the "server-only download from epic.unreal.com" for your server? Just use your retail UT CD and use that install for your server.

PS... Thank Usaar33 when you see him, it's actually his work. I just posted the directions on how to actually use the file.

PSS... You'd be suprised how many people have this problem...yet they don't seem to see my posts. Your maybe 1 of 5 people that I was able to help. It's as if people refuse to see the answer that's right in their face.

spacedebris

Mar 7, 2001
ventura, Ca
Visit site
Thanks again

Yes it has the sever version. I rent my server and they use the server version. I will let them know about the fix and see if we cant upgrade the textures. Thanks for the info.