HELP ME!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth

Dec 27, 1999
Whitehall, PA, USA
Whenever i try to enter unreal... I get the red message in the middle of my screen saying "PC DISPLAY SETUP NOT CORRECT"...
Then the screen goes black.. but i can still here unreal running in the backround..
What does this mean?

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
What are your system specs? What patch are you using? Do you have all the latest drivers for all your components?

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
Did you correctly identify your monitor to Windows? It sounds like your video card may be refreshing at a higher rate than your monitor supports. Right click on your windows desktop and select properties, then settings, and go through the information available under advanced. There most likely will be a tab there for adapter, and a box showing the refresh rate. Start by picking 60hz and then apply. Then try the game again. The screen may flicker at this rez, but at least it is a start to solve the problem. Ideally, once things are running again, you should go back there and pick at least 70hz to get around the screen flickering. Another thing is identifying your monitor to Windows. If you can't find a perfect match from the list under the monitor tab/change, then pick a standard monitor such as super vga 1024 x 768 or whatever matches your monitor the closest.

Stealth

Dec 27, 1999
Whitehall, PA, USA
My system specs are as follows:
P3 500mhz
160mb pc100 ram
quantum cx 13gig 5400rpm hard drive
Diamond Viper II 3d/2d AGP accelerator
win 98
Hewlett packard 15" M50 monitor
"need any more info? let me know"

Status