UT3 DM-Oblivion]|[ (Beta, pics, PC&PS3 download)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CPTStewart

May 10, 2008
DM-Oblivion]|[ Final Release (PC only for now)

Name: DM-Oblivion]|[
Version: 1.0
Compatibility: Tested on Patch 1.3 for PC.
Recommended Players: 2 to 4
Description: This abandoned cruiser was found by the Liandri Corporation floating through space, power still running, but devoid of any life. Its small size and symmetry made it a perfect fit for use in the tournament circuit and it was converted into an deathmatch arena.
Comments: This is a remake of DM-Oblivion from the original Unreal Tournament. I had a lot of fun bringing into the UT3 world and I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I do.

As you can see in the second and third screenshots, the colors on the computer screens change when the armor vest is taken. Blue means it's available, red means it's taken. Pay attention to them because they can really help you out in tough times.

Credits:
- Dan "CPT Stewart"
- Juan Pancho "XCeptOne" Ekels

- Epic for the tools to make something like this.
- Juan Pancho "XCeptOne" Ekels for making the original map.
- Everyone who tested the map and gave me feedback!

Special Thanks:
- The rest of Odd Man Out Studios for keeping me going on this
- Beyond Unreal user Akira Kurosawa for detailed feedback early on
- Beyond Unreal user Aalexanderrr for some goodfeedback
- UTForums user Stevelois for the best feedback ever

Homepage: http://www.oddmanoutstudios.net
Download:
Download (25.19 MB)

Last edited:

Akira Kurosawa

Aug 13, 2008
Liandri Mining Facility: ***
Awesome work, love the map. : ) Great remake of the original, with UT3 quality in mind.
Not to mention major visible progress per beta release.
This is already one of the better maps out of the whole of custom UT3 maps.
Thanks for the map and congrats. :notworthy:

PsyXandeR

Aug 5, 2005
W00ting himself on CTF-AllYourW00T
Ok, I have checked the map out and it turned out to be pretty good. I am going to make up the list of the thing I personally dont like in this map...
1) That mesh junkyard ( near flak cannon) - hmm, that looks a little bit random and not so good imho, Id replace those piled trims with simple crates ( ya I know , crates are bad way to decorate but I think that they will work the best here) ... Next, those round things that prevent you touching the window are simply out of place ( and they dont fit), I know that round glass has collision problems but that could be solved with using Blocking Volumes.
2) That alarm sound that is played when armor is picked up is pretty annoying , tone it down a little bit.
3) Small mesh overlay in ShockRoom on the ceiling - could be solved by simply moving the mesh... but thats not a big deal, Im being picky atm :p
4) Im not sure that those robot storage containers work here, theres quite a lot of them and they are all the same. Id replace them with some pipes, or whatever. :p

More to come.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
good remake

Insane upgraded graphics for UT3 in this good remake with textures/meshes, asteroids, ring, gravity/warp rings, eclipse, vortex, Earth and exhaust (most in the surrounding scene). The details inside the ship are good as well, except it seems a bit crowded in the flak cannon room with lots of stuff getting in the way. I like the classic layout, but the flow can be touchy in this room. I like the armor vest indicators as well as the lighting and the bots are better in this map than the 2008-SE version.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/unreal-tournament-3/deathmatch/4800/DM-Oblivion

http://www.gamershell.com/download_48724.shtml

Last edited: