CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
But then you post your K/D ratio vs bots, and play on noob servers.

Yeah well, i didn't think people would take it seriously and use it against me. Noob servers? well, there are alot, but define "noob" servers?all hardcore? all ones that ban you for doing good? what? and define good servers. I been playing on that server for 3 months anyway, i am mostly in there, instead of at random servers all the time because there is no point, they are all the same almost. Only difference is, mine is filled with cheaters because it's non PB server, and the others are normal PB servers with none.

Mar 6, 2004
You stick to noob mode and noob servers. That makes it okay. :):tup:

Noob mode? all the ladders use hardcore, and it's only noob for pub play, but i don't noob it up, i actually run and gun unless i am fired at, then i take cover and get called a jerk for camping, so i tell them "i guess i should stand infront of you and let you kill me", then they respond "no, but dont camp". So their already part of the stupidity if they think taking cover is camping. I remember 1 time i was alone in a server, someone came in and we had a 1 on 1, i was always moving, he always hid, so i used my stealth class and went bent over walking, and i am up 12-2, some euro guy come in, and i am like "stealth ftw", and he is like "more like camping".

I always moved slowly to make less sound, but i was always moving, i was checking everywhere, and around everything, and this guy runs infront of everything, and calls me a camper because i am not gonna run into bullets like he is....camping=same spot. Camping is meant for snipers, but not always at the same spot camping as you need to keep on moving from spot to spot, but stealthy attacking is not camping.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
TDM is for fun, you shouldn't consider K/D ratio so much. Sure, a player who dies less often and gets a load of kills is very useful for the team. But then, who cares about PUB scores right? If everyone would play for their K/D ratio this game probably wouldn't even be playable I bet.

Noob mode? all the ladders use hardcore.

I don't know about this, but I know S&D Normal is where the money is at.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
The whole point in TDM is to kill the other team. While deaths are not as important, they are still crutial because if you die, you get less kills thus K: D is important for TDM.

I don't know about this, but I know S&D Normal is where the money is at.

I did play a pug just now, got owned 5 kills 13 deaths. But S&D is not for me, as it's basically a CSS type but with an objective. You die goodbye for the round...what is the point in that?

edit- BTW the only people who say dont take it seriously are the people who pull off good ratios, and can hold their own. The ones who can't are like me, and wanna get better. Just like the guys who had girlfriends are the ones who say dont get a girlfriend ever to the guys who have never had one (yes that is me), and the ones who want one say screw that, i aint Amish.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah I think you missed my point. May I suggest a new hobby? One that takes you far away from video games for a while. Maybe you'll gain some perspective.

I already said in here, my life revolves around the computer, so no, i wont have a new hobby. I lost my social life except work because i been hooked on my computer since day 1.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Noob mode? all the ladders use hardcore
Ladders are full of wannabes. It's always been like that. Especially something like TWL or CAL.

Ladders also use terrible mods like Promod or DAMN:MW that totally eff the game up and make it much easier to play. That's the problem with "competitive" players -- they're in the business of playing the game the way they want to regardless of how lame it ends up being.

Mar 6, 2004
Ladders are full of wannabes. It's always been like that. Especially something like TWL or CAL.

Ladders also use terrible mods like Promod or DAMN:MW that totally eff the game up and make it much easier to play. That's the problem with "competitive" players -- they're in the business of playing the game the way they want to regardless of how lame it ends up being.

What about CPL, and the other pro lans? TWL and CAL are 2 of the biggest non pro ladders, aren't they? i've never played in a ladder match in my life anyway, probably wont at all either.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
How on earth can anyone play with 200+ ping is beyond me...i was in a euro server with 242 ping and i was delayed 5 seconds, and connection interrupted problems all the time. Hell i seen people do really good with 280-300 ping...if they can i must be more lagged with this game then i originally thought.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Yay. Hardcore mode. +104 net. D:

I need to stop playing this crap and get back to finishing FO3. :eek:

Attachments

• shot0102.jpg
    shot0102.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 23
Mar 6, 2004
Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
For a couple weeks I didn't play either (or any game, actually) very often. Now the past couple days I'm back to CoD4. I wanna finish up FO3 so I can play it again as an evil bitch that kills everyone. D: