Union City Blue Announced, Seeking Help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Every now and then a unique mod rolls across your desktop. The Union City Blue modification for UT2004 is now upon us. All that's keeping it from going to public beta is a lack of maps and a little help in the sound department. Keep the spirit of originality alive and help these guys out!

Check the website for the scenario, characters, mechs/vehicles/cyborgs, and even more pics.

I'm writing to let you know about the Mod Union City Blue, it has quietly been in development for the last year or so and is now ready to meet the public. The mod is designed to be a fast paced Vehicle and Mech Team deathmatch type game with a few twists and variations from the FPS norm, set in the devastated Europe of 2082.

The Mod has reached Internal Alpha stage, its feature and graphics complete and is playable online and offline with bots.

RichyB

Faceless
Jun 17, 2005
United Kingdom
I asked if i could help out mapping. They said you are good enouth but you cant make own stactic or textures, so no.

I will cut my throat later, what a mod.:(

Bang_Doll

Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96
Aug 10, 2005
hha3.netfirms.com
This is a very intriguing mod. It looks pretty unique for a UT2k4 mod. Interested to see how it turns out (somebody give them a hand!)

Edit: Holy crapcakes, those are dolphins. :eek:

Last edited:

UnrealProjects

"Your Hired!"
Apr 10, 2004
www.lawdogs-mod.com
IanW is quite talented and must say he previously worked on other game mod projects including LawDogs Mod....he also has some impressive character work he did which was entered in the MSU contest awhile back......

What's more impressive is that he tugged this one all on his own! I hope he gets the support needed to keep this one going and am sure he's looking for quality people out there.....

Even some quality donated maps would benefit greatly.....

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
aren't those the same dolphin and walker-models that scored pretty high in the MSUC ?

PigBear

Jun 3, 2004
Ghost in the shell + Appleseed = some gooooodddd looooking models...

I love it allready.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Yeah, but it looks like the people walker has different people piloting than the original one.

JaFO said:
aren't those the same dolphin and walker-models that scored pretty high in the MSUC ?

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Yeah, those mech things looks just like in Appleseed 2004.
IMO this looks awesome! I'm loving the cartoon look... even though it reminds me a bit of COR, the style is very fresh indeed.
I love mods that come out of no where and still look good. :)

Alopexau

Mar 28, 2005
I'm loving the mech and vehicle designs, everything looks so smooth, rounded and polished and the texturing is superb, I hope this turns out to play as good as it looks, and has offline play support.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
how about a custom clawfist map

Clawfist said:
This is going to be kickass if it's fun to play
+
is a lack of maps
icon3.gif

:eek:

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
JaFO said:
Most likely because it's the same modeler.. ;)

But yeah, I've been watching this mod grow in secrecy over at PolyCount, and so far every pic of it has rocked my boat! :D

Dub and others ~ The modeler himself was trying to get the Appleseed feel, so to me it doesn't really come as a surprise. ;)

Last edited:

IanW

Sep 1, 2005
www.unioncitybluemod.co.uk
Thanks for all of your comments.

The mod is very heavily inlufence by Masamune Shirow's Manga, Appleseed, Ghost in the shell and Dominion Tank Police, but I've tried not to make it exact copy of anything in particular and throw in a few ideas of my own.

The dolphin model and the girl in the exo skeleton are based on the U2003 models I made called Neofin and Exoslave, these did quite well in the MSUC.
UCB was orginally meant to just be a tank mod, but after working on it for a bit I realised these two models would fit in nicely. They have been upgraded with extra polygons, more suitable textures, new weapons and new animations. They are not player models anymore though, the code actually treats them as vehicles. .

If you want to play with them, the UT2003 player model versions are still available on places like Skin City. They work in UT2004, apart from the fact they don't have a vehicle driving animations, but they are really to big and oddly shaped to fit in the driving seats properly anyway.