UE3 - UT3 Sounds is cutting out in cutscenes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stabco

Sep 19, 2009
Hi all,

I've got a map with some cutscenes in it. I would like music to play both in and out of said cutscenes, so I set up a kismet node on level start to play the song. The song will not play during the opening cutscene, but it starts when it's over. The song also cuts out, and doesn't resume, if I enter any other cutscenes.

The music seems to go away if I use any Director / Camera tracks that move the camera view away from the player.

I tried setting the target of the music to both Player and Camera. No good.

Any help would be very much appreciated, as this is the last thing I need to do. ARGH!

Stabco

Sep 19, 2009
Well, I resolved it, but it feels like a bit of a hack. There's got to be a better way around it. My music now plays in a matinee that continuously loops, until another song needs to play.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
You are just using the wrong target. You cant use the player. If you enter a vehicle or a cutscene that hides the player thus your music. Use any static actor for your music. Any light, or staticmesh, anywhere in the level. No attenuation node in the sound cue. And done.