Whatever Happened to Ragnarok Online?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Seriously! I used to love that game and it was the only pay for play game I ever played. (It was the first Beta 2 test Gravity did, was the only time I ever paid for an online game) It was an awesome game...when it worked and Gravity never seemed to care a whole lot about it's international client. Anyone know what happened to it?

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
It is still up, serviced as P2P.

Currently, the game is up to Turtle Islands episode (the one before 2-2 classes and Juno update). There are 3 servers - Chaos (or Keias as I'd rather call), Loki, and Sakray (x2 exp/drops).

iRO does a lot of little events, and most of the loading screens are the works of iRO players.

There has not been another major security breach for a while, and game has been receiving major update every month and a half.

Order of update listing:
kRO > jRO / cRO > mRO / tRO > iRO > every other RO

The difference are in single episodes - kRO is currently on Episode 6 (localized maps), jRO/cRO Episode 5/6 (localized maps / Juno / 2-2 class update), mRO/tRO Episode 5 (Juno / 2-2 class update), and of course... iRO on Episode 4 (Turtle Island / Guild Siege (which is supposed to come soon)).

For further information, feel free to ask / post. :)
<-- still playing RO, and runs kRO patch informational site.

Last edited:

GeneticFreak

evolves and survives
Its become a full version here, sprawling community, since the past 6 months 85% of the gamers playing in cafes are playing RO. And that is ALOT, this city itself has at least 30 cafes consisting of 60+ PCs each. The winnage of that is because it uses a refill voucher stuff you buy each month so you dont really have to own a credit card or account or stuff like that.

a linky: http://www.ragnarok.co.id/ beware its Indonesian language :)

Dont play the game anymore myself, never liked the kiddie anime style it portrays.

Fuct

Who is Adam King?
Jul 8, 2000
The Diamond Sea
Apa ni kimak kimak sekalian!? Janganlah cakap dalam Bahasa Melayu!

Anyway, I received a free copy of Ragnarok Online from a friend. The game seems pretty huge over here but I don't feel like installing the game.

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
[IsP]KaRnAgE said:
There was actually a 2 page ad for it in Computer Games magazine over here. It caught me off guard. I don't know if I could ever go back to it though.

i love the game

i just wish i had my internet back to i could play it :(

it'd be nice if there was an off line version of it

Gamma_Sword

Feb 12, 2001
Not There
Guild war coming this Tuesday. ;p

iRO has been receiving major update about once in a every month, which is pretty speedy....

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I would get back into playing Ragnarok Online except that there is something that is still missing from the game... the gameplay.

MattMacD

May 10, 2001
Andover, UK
I've started playing this game again, for lack of anything better to do. This time, it seems, I may actually stay interested long enough to reach a second class. o_0 Though that could all change in an instant... which is actually kind of annoying, because it gives me something to do, instead of constantly searching for something to do.

I wish I could get into my old account...

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
Daedalus said:
Seriously! I used to love that game and it was the only pay for play game I ever played. (It was the first Beta 2 test Gravity did, was the only time I ever paid for an online game) It was an awesome game...when it worked and Gravity never seemed to care a whole lot about it's international client. Anyone know what happened to it?
you payed to play it? wasn't it free?

Gamma_Sword

Feb 12, 2001
Not There
I have heard reports that iRO will soon receive 5-slots for character select screen. :D
Anyway, we all know MMORPG games can't stay free for ever and ever. ;p