Weapon Oddities - Misc Tips? Discussion.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phod

Nov 29, 1999
Visit site
Anyone found any unusual tips regarding the weapons? Or just any general insights?

Tonight I had a full shield belt and I got hit with a razor (not sure if it was the primary or alternate fire version) and I lost my entire shield belt in an instant? Is there something to this, or did I get hit in the head which does so much damage that it totally obliterated the shield belt?

Also, anyone have any use for the Biorifle? This thing seems to have no tactic involved with it. Any insights?

Thanks, please let me know if you have any good weapon tricks.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah you probably got hit in the head. The razor is one of the few weapons that cause head damage.
The BioRifle is a great defensive weapon. If you play any team games, try mining the area with sludge and only the other team (and you) can take damage(by default). Also, if you're retreating, line the walls and floor with sludge as you back-pedal through the corridors. It seems MUCH more powerful this time around.

Mickita

Nov 30, 1999
Czech Republic
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, headshot with razorjack in Unreal inflicted 105 * 1.5 = 152 damage points. So if this hasn't changed in UT (as I suppose) you can lose your shield belt in just 1 razor head shot!

-Mickita-

Status
Not open for further replies.