multiple instances of unreal 2k3 running on 1 pc

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ehendrikd

Apr 26, 2004
www.geocities.com
hi all

just wondering if it is at all possible to run multiple instances of unreal 2k3 on one pc. would make replication testing a whole lot easier :)

i have tried copying the whole UT2003 dir and running the exe i there as well as the original, but still it focuses the other instance of 2k3 running.

anyone have any ideas?

cheers
ehendrikd

BinarySystem

Banned
Jun 10, 2004
It's not only possible, but the standard way of testing replication. ;)

See "Running A Dedicated Server With UCC" on the wiki to see how to do it.

I BELIEVE it's possible to run a listen server and have another instance connect to it, so you can see what's going on on client and server, but I forget how I managed to pull that off, and it crashed frequently. The dedicated server method described on the wiki should work perfectly though.

ehendrikd

Apr 26, 2004
www.geocities.com
thanks for the reply, but i should have been a bit more specific :)

i can create a dedicated server and a client on 1 pc, and have done many times before, but i want to be able to run 2 or more clients on the 1 pc, so i can actaully see that the replication is correct on the from one client to the other.

edit: in particular i am trying to replicate karma actors, it seemed ok when i tested replication using this method you describe, but in actual fact it was completly wrong when i had another client on another machine connected to the server.

cheers
ehendrikd

Last edited: