SF open beta testing.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
I assume that most of you have heard about this, but if not, here it is directly from the horses mouth: StrikeForceCenter
I've been doing some thinking this weekend and I plan to let everyone that got a site subsciption test all of our unofficial builds with us. Basically this means all of you will get an email with a link to download every new internal release we come out with. This will allow you guys to test each version and see what we are working on as well as help us find bugs and tweak every version. This also allows us to get more invovled with the community to make SF better for you guys. So everyone that supported us by getting a site subsciption will get to test each and every internal build. Then when we finally release the official new beta you will know what all we went through to get to that point. Just another thing our team is doing with the community to bring us all closer together. Everyone should get your first email this week and if you have not signed up for a site subsciption do so right now!

This also helps us combat internal leaks. By us doing this we really don't have to worry about the code getting out. We will already be sharing it with all of you that got a subscription. So many developers today try not to let code get out but it is impossible. So instead of us having to worry about it we will take this step and we think it will only make our releases better.
What do you guys think about that? It sure adds incentive to buy a subscription, but I think the idea of the subscription to a website is a little shady. :rolleyes:

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
i've got more than enough stuff to do... and the idea of cluttering my HD and UT folder with even more clutter:D, is not that attractive. same reason why i would never want to beta test INF. then it isnt play it's work. what else do you get with this subscription, and how much does it cost? also, someone is going to email this link to all their friends, and so on... there won't be any leaks cause it'll basically be public domain:).

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
The subscription to the site is $15, but the SF 1.60 CD is "free":rolleyes: . With the site subscription, you get "inside news" on what the team is working on, and the link to all of the releases a day before everyone else. And I guess there are some cool things on the CD that they didn't release, like in development pics of weapons and stuff. However, SF doesn't get any of the money, because, well, that would be illegal. Instead MGON gets it.

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
I paid for the 'subscription' and, aside from the CD(which was late, although 'we' got the llink to d/l SF 1.6 a day before everyone else), we haven't gotten anything else..this opportunity to 'test' new versions is the first thing that has been offered to the 'subscribers'. All in all, the whole subscription thing didn't come off as advertised.

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
Well, the disc itself contained the following:

SF v.1.6
18 User made maps
Guide for SF map design
Information on the SF 'characters'
SF wallpapers
Staff pictures(whoopte-frickin doo)
SF 'concept' art
Development screens
'Inside secrets'
SFC subscriber newsletter(still haven't seen one of these)

All in all, the CD is done pretty well..I have no problem with that, but the stuff we were supposed to get with the subscription..we haven't gotten as of yet. This 'beta' thing is the first I've heard, since the CD's release, of another 'perk' for having subscribed.

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
Yes, with reason. Opti is a fascist f<b></b>uckface! Just cuz he "found" jesus, no other religion is meaningful to him. Talk about <i>your</i> religion, the whole topic is deleted. Say "Oh my god", the whole post is deleted. F<b></b>uck that bastard, boycott SF now! INF is where it's at anyways, I would gladly give the INF staff money...if I had any. :)

DENSRAW

Grammaton Cleric
Dec 21, 2000
Ballis: Dude, why am I censored and your not? It makes me sad. I want to cry.

perrin98

Aug 17, 2000
I once let the secret out, fortunately nobody caught on...i wont make that mistake again.