So what games actually use the Unreal Engine?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cratus

Feb 21, 2000
utcritical.allhere.com
Deus-Ex and Duke Nukem Forever use the Unreal Engine. They are still in development, but they do use it.

bullet2.gif

-------------------------

~~Cratus~~
Situation Critical

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
It's a futuristic RPG with FPS elements in it.

Hey whatd'ya know? 357 posts. Magnum!

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"

[This message has been edited by Wolf Blackstar (edited 03-28-2000).]

StormHammer

Storminator
Star Trek DS9: The Fallen is also powered by Unreal. This game is shaping up into something rather cool, and will become another 3rd person game using Unreal's technology. You can play the game as Worf, Sisko or Kira (the in-game model actually has a nice a$$, IMO).

There is also a game called New Legends in development by The Infinite Machine, which is based in China. Some of the people at The Infinite Machine were responsible for the great levels etc. in Jedi Knight, so it should be very good.

I'm sure there are other titles in development, but I can't think of them right now. Also, don't forget that Epic are working on a new game with their next-gen engine, which will apparently have rolling terrain, lots of trees, curves, seemless transitions between inside/outside and who knows what else? They said they were aiming to beat the environments in Halo... =)

The future's bright. The future's UNREAL!

bullet2.gif

'The enemy can't press a button if you disable his hand...Medic!' (Starship Troopers)

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
Bus Driver 3000. It's being made by Ion Storm, so it'll probably never come out. I managed to infiltrate their HQ u see. Turns out Daikatana won't be out until the year 2037. As for the bus driver game, you will have to, funnily enough, drive everyday people to various locations by bus. Some of the more exciting scenes include dropping the passengers money and bumping your head on the bus ceiling as u swap places with another driver at the end of your shift. Watch out for it!

I really need to get a life.

bullet2.gif

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when
a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Payno

Aug 21, 1999
Klingon Honor Guard
Nerf Arena Blast
dr.Brain(or something)
Wheel Of Time
Unreal
Unreal Tournament
Deus Ex
Rune
X-Com alliane
Duke Nukem forever
Hired Guns
Dark Sector
Werewolf: The Apocalypse
Unreal2
DAikatana2?

bullet2.gif

WHAT LEVELS ARE ON THE UNREALITY SERVER?

MacDragon

- Extreme Wing Chun VR / Zen Tao is under development at the moment. It uses the Unreal Engine to teach wing chun, a form of kung fu. Features beautiful "stages" (like a dojo, for example) where the 3D instruction is carried out. Very cool! Zen tao still haven't cranked up their website - :-(.
- A sci-fi game "Second Genesis" is being developed by Gold Creek Technology.
- A skate boarding TC (USK8) is happening.
- Armageddon 2000 by Atomic Pop is a future shoot 'em up.

[OzUnreal have an Unreal Engine page which is under development.]

MacDragon
OzUnreal - The Australasian Unreal Community

[This message has been edited by MacDragon (edited 05-03-2000).]