What is the worst custom map you ever played

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
What is the worst Unreal custom map you ever played? For me it is probably ohno.unr, it is really a what the hell map. (if you are curious you can download it, if you cannot find it anywhere it is still on fileplanet, but I think other sites have it as well)

Turboman

deRegistered user
May 4, 2002
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Visit site
Worst would probably be the mappacks that fail to run at all, with the infamous message "cannot find package....", atleast most of them got purged with the death of nalicity1.0

Anyway lets see so far:
dark2 -> modified dark arena.... infact the only thing modified was every texture changed into an xfx.utx texture
flotsam and jetsam -> an LSD trip gone bad
woopers maps -> almost anything by wooper, no reason to explain
CMS mappack -> not necessarely that the maps were that bad, but oh god... the music! (oh why use a cellphone RINGTONE tune as a music track?!?)

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Never played dark2 and flotsam and jetsam, probably will try some day. And wooper and klingon maps I played. :p
He even sent me more of his maps which were not downloadable and the series end in some kind of cliffhanger, in a real one, you are stuck on a cliff. :lol:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
The Hermit or whatever, it was just a small village with a river and that's all. Nothing in it.
Oh and Jiganara 3.
And also the SkyCity map made by DavidM, because it is totally awesome making staircases that lead forever to two same positions and when you are in a room with 11 Skaarj Warriors around.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The Hermit or whatever, it was just a small village with a river and that's all. Nothing in it.
Oh and Jiganara 3.
And also the SkyCity map made by DavidM, because it is totally awesome making staircases that lead forever to two same positions and when you are in a room with 11 Skaarj Warriors around.

Yeah I know those maps, but they are not as bad as the other stuff described here I think. :p
But this is about the worst custom maps you have ever played, so if you didn't play one of those, it is not your fault and you should say maps which you find worst of what you have played of course.

Last edited:

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
I played a map from the mod final worlds where you got some straight corridors but I don't remember the name of the map but this is a mod that uses some PerUnreal weapons and some Deus Ex music and textures in some environments, but some stuff like the monsters AI and some tweaks doesn't worked properly ...

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
By the way I found flotsam, but I cannot find dark2....

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
the map can be found on fileplanet, it is repetitive and weird map overall..

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Not the worst custom map I ever played, but a bad one is surprisingly the Ballad of Ash. It was like the most wacked and weird experience I ever had in Unreal recently.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Ash is weird one, I played it in coop sometimes...

Hyper

Hyper.nl Unreal Services
Nov 21, 2003
Planet Earth
www.hypercoop.tk
This is a really hard question. I can't give a definitive answer.

I've seen quite a few bad maps, usually experiments or tryouts which for some reasons found their way onto public servers.

A special mention goes to the old version of Skaarj Tower. This most impressive map was useless for coop servers for quite some time because it was for Unreal 226 only. That was quite disappointing for a otherwise great production of a talented mapper. Fortunately it has been fixed now, with a mutator by Zombie.

Another mention goes to the entire Redeem your Space pack. This otherwise excellent map pack has Czech only translator messages making it unreadable for the great majority of the international Unreal community. Making it in Czech only was a baaad design decision to begin with...

Last edited:

Xhana

Jul 12, 2009
Not the worst custom map I ever played, but a bad one is surprisingly the Ballad of Ash. It was like the most wacked and weird experience I ever had in Unreal recently.

Yes, that's right: "Ballad of Ash" - it's sort of weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.