Transparency in Texture? Software?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mikelambert

Feb 26, 2001
Can I create textures with transparency in either Corel or Photoshop? If yes, how? Been trying for some time now with no results.

If not, which software (PC) should I use? And how?

Even a GIF->PCX converter that also converts transparency would be fine. Actually anything would be fine, short of taking a hexeditor and doing it by hand...

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
If you're talking about alpha blending, that's not possible, although there seems to be a space for this reserved in the Texture properties. If you're talking about masked textures, just use color #0 where it's supposed to be keyed out. You should make #0 a very bright (or, if your texture will be bright, dark) color that will probably not be used in the texture itself. When importing, check "Masked". That way you won't have to set that manually when you use the texture.

mikelambert

Feb 26, 2001
Would you care to elaborate on that?

Do you mean color position number 0 on the palette, or color value 0? From the tutorials I understood that color value 0 is treated as transparent.

However, I still don't manage to do that using either Corel or Photoshop.

Your post also hinted at the "Masked" option as some sort of keying, well it does not key out either pure white or pure black.

I'd be really happy if you cared to go more into details.

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
Color #0, that is the first color in the palette, is transparent. I would recommend making this a very violent violet. Or orange if you're using pink in your texture. Color #0 will be keyed out if you set Masked.