Unknown Mesh

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SODsniper

Jul 14, 2005
I am trying to pull out a Helicopter Mesh from an old Tac Ops map.

http://specialopsdivision.com/temp/Blister1UT.jpg

Referring to the above pic..

Normally what I do is identify the LodMesh using the DISPLAY Properties in UT99 UnrealEd and then, using the WOTGreal extractor, pull out the mesh in .3ds format.

As you can see by the pic, however, this particular Mesh doesn't have an identifying indication. The texture is identified as Heliwire, but I have looked thru every package available and cannot find a Chopper/Heliwire/Helicopter mesh.

Is there any way to identify what Mesh this is? Is the fact that it is a Mover have anything to do with it??

Thanx

SODsniper

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
Was it made from a brush? (looking at the one in AS-HiSpeed for UT99)

Last edited:

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
it looks to me like a regular brush/mover and not a mesh at all so getting it it converted to 3ds wont be that easy i think
altho ofcourse it is possible by first converting it to mesh yourself from t3d. Look for meshmaker on google

SODsniper

Jul 14, 2005
That did it! :D

Thanx bunch...

Now, I just gotta figure out how to attach 2 movers (rotors) to another mover (the chopper)... THis outta be fun!! :D

Thanx again...

SODsniper

Jul 14, 2005
Hourences said:
it looks to me like a regular brush/mover and not a mesh at all so getting it it converted to 3ds wont be that easy i think
altho ofcourse it is possible by first converting it to mesh yourself from t3d. Look for meshmaker on google

Yea, I copied the brush over and then hand fit the texture, section by section. Only took about an hour and I have a really nifty Chopper SM now. :D

Thanx for the reply..