Limit on amount of time you can fly the redeemer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
M

Meister

I would like to see a limit(say 20 second) on the amount of time you can fly the redeemer with the secondary fire.

I think that would add a sense of urgency to the flyer and may add an extra element of mistake(feeling he has to hurry to place it right). This would also prevent the flyer(I know you can kill him, if you can find him) from flying the redeemer endlessly over the base.

Just my opinion.

ManicKat

Dec 10, 1999
Visit site
I'm not sure, but isn't there a 2 minute limit to it? At least, I think I read that somewhere. Still, that's an awfully long time (esp in a DM).

MK

Worst Ping

Dec 9, 1999
Visit site
Yeah, it may be fun to fly that sucker all over (I've seen some who can do loops *inside* a base) but it unbalances gameplay in that a team that would normally win 6-3 can win 12-0 since you can never escape the redeemer. Both teams have them but unless team balance is forced, the LPBs have a huge advantage.

FenderTX

Dec 6, 1999
Texas
Visit site
if you can find any amount of cover the reedeemer really isn't all that big of a threat. If you hear that distinctive sound of the engine coming in just find a wall or two to get behind or hide under the stairs...the way it determines wheather or not you are damaged is really good. As long as something is between every part of you and the blast you won't take any damage. And if your in the open and can't find any cover you can always try to shoot it down...minigun works great and makes you feel like an antiaircraft gunner..if you hit the missle a few times it will fall harmlessly to the ground

Bmx

Dec 13, 1999
Visit site
why restrict it...if someone wants to fly it for 2mins that meens hes out of the game for 2 mins heeh /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif and an easy kill if u see him LoL /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

SteveLS

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
Who cares how long someone can fly it? Heck, if you see it coming, just shoot the thing down. Better, find the fly-boy, and shoot HIM down.

SnakeBitey

Dec 4, 1999
I was flying the redeemer around for a while when I first got the game, and it blew up after not too long, like 20 or 30 seconds. Anyway, it's actually not that powerful. You can watch it go off not too far away, and it will not hurt you. It's like 7 times the radius of a rocket blast--but if you're inside that radius, forget about it.

bullet2.gif

"We live in a world of tradition, and the military is full of it."

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, I don't want to see it changed...right now it doesn't present a real problem in ctf and it isn't a factor in DM...you're a sitting duck when you fly it and it *can* easily be shot down.

Metal*healtH

Dec 18, 1999
Visit site
Come on man "Limit the amount of time you can on the redeemer?"What a bummer!!
IM not dependend on the redeemer!
But is it not enough to be exposed in your position doing nothing wile your flying the rocket?

RedWormCharlie

Dec 7, 1999
TheMercs.cjb.net
I'm a redeemer camper and a Hog I LOVE THAT THING!!! I have my own little hiding spot to shoot that motorfinger off in every level. The time limit IS 2:00 min. Trust me on facing world I flew in around and around and around till it blew up. After I saw this post i went to a practice gaem and did the same thing and as ya know KABLOOIE around 2 min. But it does make a wonderful escape toy. Got bogies on yer back well double back and jump. Fire about 2 people distances behind em or directly at them. They wont escape. they will be incinerated.

RWC