No fun in INF!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MonkeyManX

Peace bro!
Jan 12, 2001
Um...Finland.
www.mohaafin.com
OK...I speak straight(my english could be bad...) When the few times I have played INF, I won't get so much "vibes" as I get in games like CS or hmm... Soldier Of Fortune. When I play INF it is just so boring. Example: I see a man!(W00T) I shoot on the man! The man shoots back! I die! That is so non-entertaining that I almost slept while playing...SO! INF Team...you should consider the amount of fun in your game...or maybe its just me...I really think that INF has a great future in reality based games and I hope it gets its position on a great reality mod. BUT! I have been on the CS community for a year or so...and I think that CS is so good and carefully designed game that it will never lose the position its carrying right now. Infiltration should think this...will it go for the BIG O's or DA_small_o's. I mean that INF should balance the realism and fun on there. Some people just play it(INF) all day long, but do they have fun? Mostly I think no... IMHO INF should be put on fun-test. Give 100 players INF and let em' play it for a week or so and then ask did they really have fun playing it...so I em on CS side: its lot funnier then INF but INF in much more realistic the the bummer CS :D. INF Team...I say this straight, clear and simple. U Get fun = U Get Players! So first do the reality thingies and then go BOOM and add a hell lot of fun into the game! MonkeyManX out!
(P.S: CS RULEZ DA WORLD!)

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
ok

Well, since I do not dislike CS, I can reply to this calmly.
INF is aiming for the ultimate realism(as far as a game can go), so there's no point comparing INF to CS. People here play INF because we have fun playing. We don't intend to torture ourselves by playing a game we don't like. Some(most?) CSers seem to have problem finding 'fun' aspect of playing INF because it's not like CS. But that's exactly what INF is i.e. not like CS.

When you balance fun and realism, you get CS. When you go for realism, you get INF.:D

We are aware of the differences between INF and CS but thanks for telling your opinion on INF in such a civilized manner.:)

We can say this; INF = realism = fun:D

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
you should consider the amount of fun in your game...or maybe its just me

I confirm. It is jsut you :D
I never had my heartBeat so high while playing a video game, man !

I mean that INF should balance the realism and fun on there

Everyone know my opinion about gameplay/realism balancing out there. For more info read my sig.

so I em on CS side: its lot funnier then INF but INF in much more realistic

I repeat my famous sentense:
FUN BY REALISM !
CS is an action game. I see INF like a military real life base simulator.

. U Get fun = U Get Players

I don't think INF should be change to get more player !

The player will like INF more and more realist or they should try to look at another FPS. INF is unique.

So first do the reality thingies and then go BOOM and add a hell lot of fun into the game

WHen all reality thingies will be in the game, he will be the funniest game ever made for me (and for most of us too)

(P.S: CS RULEZ DA WORLD!)
No comment :rolleyes:

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
Have you played Rainbow 6 or SWAT 3 multiplayer? Those are as close to realism as youll find currently (other than INF). If you didnt like them, then it sounds like the answer is that your not yet suited to INF's style. Give it some time, it may grow on you. Since 2.85 came out, Ive play less then 15 min of CS. For me INF is the best (and I mean fun) realism game out, and will likely remain so. You also have great stuff to look forward to like the Enahnced Assault System gamemode and other things that may liven it up for you.
CC

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
Well. I concur with DarkBls here- It's just you. I have played CS, and not for only a couple days like many, but for FOUR straight months. As in, 2 to 4 hours a day, if I had time. See a man, shoot him, man shoots back, you die. No sh*t? I never heard of that happening. :rollseyes:

I understand if you find the wait for the next round after dying REALLY annoying, and boring... but so do we all. What I suggest is reading a book or, if you're in school, do some homework. Do your nails. Clean your computer desk. Whatever you need to, to stay boredom free.

If Inf were to "tone down" the realism, to make it "more fun," (as if it needs to be more fun, it happens to be the most exhilarating game I have ever played. The suspense parallels classic survival horror games like Resident Evil, which scared the crap out of my friends and I. Want adrenaline? Get Inf!) it would be just another mainstream first person game with a couple new "features".

This is as close to war as you will get out of the old UT engine. I guarantee it. Not one game has come close to the realism and fun of Inf since 2.80 was released. And like fine wine, it gets better with age. Look forward to the new features.

MonkeyManX

Peace bro!
Jan 12, 2001
Um...Finland.
www.mohaafin.com
Hmm...

I have been thinkin of this and this is what i get: INF is a super-real-mega-L337-mastah-game that is hard to get in in you have played other "reality-shooters" and when you get into the game it becomes DAMN FUN! i quess...on my own experience...hehe...i have olny played 2 online inf matches :D So...play inf first, then go to CS and you see that CS SUX0RZ and INF R0XZ0RZ :D BTW... i must admit that CS has so much n00b ****ers that cheat, its gettin' on my nervers...everytime i play CS someone uses cheats...so INF Team...PLEASE! Make this mod a cheat-free thingy! MonkeyManX out!
(P.S: INF RULEZ DA WORLD :D)

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Glad to see the civil tone of this thread. Keep it up.

MonkeyManX, the home news page has a paragraph that may interest you.

We do have quite a bit of news-worthy items however. First and foremost, I do want to briefly discuss the cheating issue. Specifically I mean aimbots and such used by players online to give them an edge while playing. For a lot of UT mods, this can be an ongoing problem, but Infiltration provides an extremely easy way to keep it 99.9% cheat-free. All a server admin needs to do is ensure every Inf-specific package has been added to their Infiltration.ini file in the "ServerPackages=" lines. You can find out all the details by checking with our Infiltration Online website. We will be working on some specific code for 2.86 that will set this up automatically and allow the client to see for certain if a server is secure or not.

Makes me feel all warm inside.

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
I've never played CS (they never ported it to mac, I always thought the best PeeCee games came to mac, guess CS is'nt that great) :D :D

But one thing I know is that INF is fun as hell !!!

I am one of those dudes that play all day and HAVE A BLAST !!!

INF is very very fun for me and I know alot of ppl that think INF is much more fun the CS.

Faded Soul

Sniper
Apr 30, 2001
New York State
www.backyards.com
Before I got into FPS'ers I was an RTS person, then I got interested in HL:CS, I read EVERYTHING on it. But, with no avail did I get HL, so I got the next best thing I thought, UT.

But as far as I can see, INF rocks CS, I mean I may be biased never playing CS, but I love INF, and think it should continue on its crusade for realism. (As long as it doesnt compromise the fun too much I am all for it.) Besides, everyone to their own right?

Luminuis

Herald of the Newest Dawn
I believe my good friend DarkBls took the words right out of my mouth.

Originally posted by DarkBls
FUN BY REALISM !

If you don't think INF is fun, delete it and go back to playing CS fool! Don't play something you don't like!

But why should INF change and be just like CS? Does the world need another CS clone? Nuh-Uh, it needs things that are Unique! and INF is Unique in it's realism, and the fact that the team STRIDES towards MORE realism!

I came to INF after playing years of Rainbow 6 and Rogue Spear online, and I was in clan after clan looking for a clan that played realistically, I found one 6 months ago, their website starts off with linking you to tons of real life resources for how to do things realistically, and it was required to join that you knew all of them, I am still in that clan and I doubt I'll ever leave, there are about 12 of us and we have never lost a match. It's the most fun I've ever had.

So if you think (And everyone can quote me on this) That realism isn't fun...

GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE AND GET YOUR FUN OUT OF MY REALISM!

MonkeyManX

Peace bro!
Jan 12, 2001
Um...Finland.
www.mohaafin.com
Hmm...again...

I never said that INF sucks! It is a great game! And i ment that add LITTLE more fun to the game...damn...don't ya get it! CS isn't the reality-game-of-the-year! INF is! I play CS because its great fun to me...INF didn't hit me like CS but still INF R0X0RZ! I havent seen any mod like INF to get so much realism on a game! CS is fun, INF in hardcore fun! But you like it, then like it! I have INF on my comp and i play the shootuing range every day because that gives me the "vibes" of actual real shooting range!

Luminuis

I feel the need to repeat my statement...

Originally posted by Gabriel
GET YOUR FUN OUT OF MY REALISM!

By this I am saying that INF is realistic, and therefore to me fun, if it is fun for you, don't complain, if not, leave now, INF is only going to get more realistic. I hate to sound like The_Fur talking to Lord_Khaine here but if you like CS then go PLAY CS, and stop complaining or suggesting that INF become more LIKE CS, that's like a person saying a FPS should be more like a RTS, it doesn't work that way and really if the team started taking that into account and dropped realism for fun or added unrealistic features then I would soon be searching for a more realistic mod. I, and hopefully some others, Believe that INF should be so realistic, as to that it becoems fun because it IS realistic, and that is all there is to it, if Realism needs things added to it so that it is fun for you, then perhap the Realism Genre is not your thing, Quasi-Realism like CS and SF are. Also by this I am simply explaining that I believe you should CONSIDER the fact that INF may not be the best game for you, if you do NOT like realism then it is obvious.

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
It all depends upon your tastes, my friend. I played some CS and I didn't like it much. When I first downloaded Infiltration (2.7), I absolutely LOVED it, even though it was basically just a weapon mutator. I played it all the time! The graphic capabilities of the UT engine seem much better than that of the HL engine, more potential.

To come in here and say that the "team" needs to make Inf. "funner" is a slap in the face of all the hard work that they have put in. Those that find Inf. fun find REALISM fun and crave even more of it. The only other 'realism' mod that currently seems to headed in this direction is Strike Force. Counterstrike doesn't even enter the picture, it has become too mainstream and therefore probably won't change too much in the future. Infiltration will probably always be a work in progress, getting better all the time.

In my not-so-humble opinion, the Infiltration team deserves an apology for the not-so-subtle slap in the face they received from the initial post of this thread. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but don't demean the effort that these guys put into this mod(or anyone's work on ANY mod, for that matter).

Luminuis

Asmo: Why yes, it is! Actually it is an Eldar Ranger (details details) but it represents the waqy I play INF very closely, if I can play a good team game, I always take Robar and use it and scout about for my team, so I believe it exemplifies the way I play the game to have the Ranger as my avatar.

I get my adrenaline so high that I have to talk several walks around my block to calm down after an INF session...anyone ever play 1v1 online with INF?

Dracil

First Poster of new INF forums
Jan 14, 2000
Taiwan, now in UC Berkeley
*sigh*

This thread was going along nicely until the attacks came in. Keep those to a minimum please, especially when the guy has already said that Inf is better already.

I have been thinkin of this and this is what i get: INF is a super-real-mega-L337-mastah-game that is hard to get in in you have played other "reality-shooters" and when you get into the game it becomes DAMN FUN! i quess...on my own experience...hehe...i have olny played 2 online inf matches So...play inf first, then go to CS and you see that CS SUX0RZ and INF R0XZ0RZ BTW... i must admit that CS has so much n00b ****ers that cheat, its gettin' on my nervers...everytime i play CS someone uses cheats...so INF Team...PLEASE! Make this mod a cheat-free thingy! MonkeyManX out!
(P.S: INF RULEZ DA WORLD )

Stop telling people to go play other games. It serves no purpose except to anger people. Instead of attacking people, show them the error of their ways. Analogy: Teachers don't tell you to get out of school because you did bad on something, instead they try to help you improve.