Custom teams in UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shadowhawk

currently playing: UT3
Dec 6, 2009
somewhere in Holland
hee,

when I play instant action, and I want to choose the bots. Can I choose which bots go in which team. I tried to get Iron gaurd to one side and Ronin to the other by using "opposing bot faction", but I still got mixed teams.

Does anybody know how to do it? or do you have a MOD for it?

Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I'm not sure if it does exactly what you want, but there is a replacement UI called MapMixer that gives you a lot of control over which bots play in offline games. It is quite a bit more functional than the normal UI.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
just repeating yourself, you dont answer the question, what about when that earth manuevers gone and you perchance take another hit? or what about a double attack? and "it will shed its hate more quickly" without a thunder manuever is just bollocks XD lol
I wouldn't quite go that far, because mapmixer's menus are rather complicated for a new user. However, it's totally awesome once you realize what you can do with it.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
the "hard" way would be using the command "addnamedbot botname"

and then adding the bots one by one. (Keep in mind you will add one on the enemy team and then the next one in yours and so on.)

If you always want the same bots you could write it out in a text file, put that in /mydocs/mygames/ut2/Binaries

that would look something like that

killbots
addnamedbot Akasha
addnamedbot Matrix
addnamedbot Lorque
addnamedbot Enigma

then you could add all the bots by just typing exec filename.txt

Shadowhawk

currently playing: UT3
Dec 6, 2009
somewhere in Holland
with mapmixer it says in the instructions you need to:
Open your UTEngine.ini config file in a text editor, and make the following *single* change:

Locate the section "", which is usually the first secti...but I can't find the right file, where is it?

J.L.Howlet

Feb 24, 2010
ive also noticed

:enforcer:thi doen't have as much custom in it as ut04 I like to have my other fravs on my team when i'm not playing as them