torchflames

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rick2

Nov 16, 2000
Visit site
My torchflames get straight lines appearing in them and disappear when looked at from various angles. I've tried rebuilding a number of times. Any ideas. Thanx
Rick

Graeme

back from the dead
Oct 4, 2000
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
I'm not sure what you mean by strait lines, but I have the same problem with them dissapearing from certain angles and would like to know if there was a way to fix it too.

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
It is normal and you cant get rid of them.These straight lines are the sheet seen from the side (the torchflames are made of two perpendicular translucent sheets)

rick2

Nov 16, 2000
Visit site
Could someone help me out and explain how i can produce a torchflame using a volumetric brush? Much appreciated.
Rick

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
1. Choose a flame texture (e.g. in GreatFire.utx).
2. Create a volumetric brush. I think there are Height and Radius settings, set Height to the height of the texture and Radius to half the texture's width. Then choose a number of sheets, most maps have 2 sheets.
3. Add special (transparent, semisolid)
4. Put the flame texture on all of the flame's surfaces.