errr..... the UT demo works fine but not the retail version?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PointlesS

Mar 26, 2000
Visit site
ok....a long time ago I downloaded the demo version of UT and it worked fine....good frame rates and the best of all my video card worked fine.....since I have a Diamond Stealth 3 S540 card, I played it in S3 MeTaL, and it was great for me..no lockups and it looked and ran faster than Direct 3D.....so then I bought the retail version of UT...installed it...loaded it up...and then I played it in S3 MeTaL.....at first, it worked and looked fine (like the demo)..and then after 5 mins it froze.....my question is......can I put the MeTaL.dll from the demo version into my UT/system folder so that MeTaL will work like it used to? or do I need to replace some other files?
Thanks!

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
If you dont have the compressed textures (2nd CD) try installing them, they are specifically for that card. It shouldnt hurt to try replacing the metal.DLL with the one from the Demo but make a backup of the retail version just in case.