Exploding barrels?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
How to do? Are they actors in themselves, or do you take a standard barrel and apply an effect to it? I can't find any online help on this. Either a brief how-to, or the name of a map with them so I can check them out myself. One of the earliest public CTF maps had them, but I can't remember which one and I've since deleted it.

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
Could you expand on that question? Do you want the barrel to explode when you shoot it? Or explode when you touch a button or something? I really didn't understand the question.

bullet2.gif

Jenkins

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
I'm looking to make barrels that blow when you 'kill' them. Basically, it's a cheap & dirty way to fill up some underground dead space that my weak imagination hasn't been able to fix up.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Make a Mover that you can shoot and add an ExplodingWall effect to it (under Effects).

For models, look under Decoration=>SteelBarrel=>TarydiumBarrel

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
Jenkins: the barrel in question is from ut-Decorations/barrel1. The EffectWhenDestroyed is preset to explosion, but I can't blow the ****er up. I've pumped lots of rockets and bullets into them without success. What am I missing?

Wanderer: is that A way to do it or THE way to do it?

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
It's A way to do it. Remember this is UnrealEd, if you have all the talent it opens up a **** load of doors. None which I happen to have the key to /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

But the barrels in question my friend aren't meant to blow up. Strange but you'ld figure they'ld do it. Ah well.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
I have no problem accepting that those barrels don't blow, but the EffectWhenDestroyed wa a red herring. It's too bad as those barrels look perfect in my level.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
As it turns out, only Unreal/barrel and Unreal/SteelBarrel/TarydiumBarrel are the only ones that can blow, and only the Tar barrel explodes. None of the UT decs have an exploding barrel unless you make one via Wanderer's suggestion.

Latch

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
I guess I could have, if I'd have had a clue that I could do that. The joys of learning a complicated app by trial & error.