yurch, calling yurch! :D

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
okie, this concerns the mp5's aimpoint attachment... now, if i'm not mistaken, the aimpoint is a red-dot aiming system, right? and red-dot sights allow the shooter to keep both eyes open and far enough away from the sight to maximize situational awareness, right? and it was also designed with rapid target acquisition in mind, right? alrighty, so in that case, would it be realistic to say that, considering all the above, aimpoint users aren't necessarily whores? (and before you beat me with the cricket bat, hear me out first... :D)

okay, basically this thought occurred to me just now when i was botmatching and basically experimenting with scoped weapons to get a more first-hand feel for the anger the community holds towards scope-whores... so when i tried out the aimpoint, i realized that i could run around with it at low ready (which to me in the game means with the weapon in "aim" mode but pointed towards the ground), but be able to bring it up at a moment's notice, all the while maintaining the same kind of situational awareness that ironsights accord... in addition, the red-dot helped in lowlight sits where ordinarily the iron sights were a bitch to find (see my "tritium sights" post... :p)

now, there's no zoom involved, and unless i'm sorely mistaken, this would be not only possible but logical IRL... do i have any backers? or am i alone here? again, if i'm totally wrong about the aimpoint and red-dot systems, then feel free to "." me... :D

Yes, although it was intended for the shooter to be able to keep his weapon at aimed (as in level with any probable targets), most people still carry it at low-ready. Actually, my feeling is that they should move up the eye relief a bit on all the weapons, but the P90 and MP5/40 w/ Aimpoint especially. The amount of eye relief in INF just doesn't do justice to how good point of those aiming systems are.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
The whole thing is about the ACOG scope, especially used in combination with the M203 grenade launcher, not the mp5 aimpoint ...

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
Yea, now I can use the aimpoint without feeling bad! Good points. The aimpoints the only way I can hit ubblegruff with that gun anyway.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
You should see LoTeKK's post-per-day...
Well, lets see.
I get home from work, and on the main page and screaming my name, here is lotekk :D
Although I am not quite sure what you are asking...
No, aimpoint users are not part of the broad "scope-whore" family...
The beef that I have is with UT's arcadish way of handling anything with zoom.
No zoom, no problem.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
You should see LoTeKK's post-per-day...
are you saying i'm spamming? :D
i just apparently have too much free time on my hands... :D
[edit]incidentally, i'm down to 22.81 posts a day (from 24-point-something... :D) [/edit]

No, aimpoint users are not part of the broad "scope-whore" family...
good to know... just wondering about it, coz i've seen "aimpoint whore" being mentioned before on the forums somewhere... :p personally i still stick with my stock-standard mp5, though, or alternatively the m16/203 (no acog)... and my trusy m9 as my backup piece... :D

yurch

May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Aimpoint whore? wth?

I saw you with something obscene like 45 per day... On your second or third day...
Stock standard mp5 here too, brotha.
Of course I usually have my AKMSU instead... mmm... 7.62
Gimme a msg90 with the scope ripped off and im set :D

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
I saw you with something obscene like 45 per day... On your second or third day...
jeeeeeeeezus......... :con:
i guess i was just real psyched about inf, and wasn't completely turned off by the community, unlike some other games... *cough* tacops *cough*

i don't mind the ak, but the muzzle climbs like a bee-atch... :D to me the one thing that usually sells me on the mp5 when i play is the availability of full auto fire... quick bursts usually, but spray and pray when i get in a tight spot... after which i pull out my nine and start blasting! :D

Gimme a msg90 with the scope ripped off and im set
msg90? nah, gimme a barrett with the scope ripped off... :D

yurch

May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
When I am "in the zone" I can hold that aksmu flat[/i] for the first 5 shots or so.
Of course thats only close-range...
I shoot at guys across trenches with it on semi :D

The msg-90 with the scope ripped off is just a 1337 weapon... Just to show:
1 0wn3d j00 $uXX0r!

perrin98

Aug 17, 2000
i can usually keep the AK on target (by on target, i mean close enough to scare the sh<b></b>it outta the target) for 8-12 rounds... in MWH, i can kill off 3/4 of the enemy team without letting to of the trigger, when i'm in my "groove"

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Once I almost emptied my P90mag and remained somewhat flat. This big spray killed 4 foes in a row. The problem is that my cat also wanted to play with my mouse when she saw me... :)

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Aim points are fine. Like yurch said, it's the zoom that screws everything up.

As for engagements while it's dark, well, here's a little trick to make that sight easier to see. White-Out.:D

Who needs tritium sights? Dab a bit of white out on your front sight post, just below the tip, and you'll be able to see that bright ass white spot clear as day. Now if only we could see some INF issue White-Out.:D

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
here's a little trick to make that sight easier to see. White-Out.
never tried that before, and it sounds fine, but i'm guessing my instructors woulda opened up a huge can of whoopass if we had done that... :D

Sheesh yurch look at your posts per day its like 17.31! You freak!
Maybe they should start locking people out from the forums for a day when their ppd reaches 20.
i'm gonna save yurch the trouble and post my own stats:

Total Posts: 169 (24.39 posts per day)

:D