The rtnp speedrun

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I finally got to see the new speedrun, but I don't call it legitimate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZgTZyIFj7g

First off when he exits glathriel part 1 he just dodges, wtf, the wall should block him, he didn't even shot at it...there is something odd about it. There is supposed to be wall which he has to shoot, it is not there and I would swear there were blocks at some other place he went to.

Btw here is an older speedrun, which is far more legit imo:
http://www.archive.org/details/Napali

EDIT: Nevermind, I noticed that on easy the wall is not there, huh. So it is legit after all.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
- Pretty dark recording.
- Shame he didn't know about the skating in watcher/gala's peak. Just crouch and off you go like an arrow...(but yeah, how old is this speedrun)
- This reminded me once again why I don't like unreal type dodging. It's slow and feels
arduous. UT dodging was an improvement imho. The first couple of maps are very boring to watch. And honestly, they are very boring. The UTLNP version of dusk falls spices things up, at least...
- There's some nice bits in there. grenade/rocket combo jumps etc. Although yeah, it really isn't that interesting unless you'd play on easy.
If you'd want some seriously fun rocketjumping, play any of the quake games.
- Some interesting shortcuts I hadn't considered...
- Some close calls BUT that's what speedrunning should be all about :D

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Coop optimized UT version of RTNP. Extra monsters. F.e. dusk falls has 200 monsters to shoot.
And instead of marines you get to fight dozens of skaarjtroopers.
Spirevalley has dozens of titans. And there are some kamikaze pupae on the road as well.

It's fun.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
This speedrun is not old, in fact it is from this year, so yeah the skating glitch is a minus for him.

The older speedrun i linked to is from 2006 and is played on medium I believe, wonder why speedrunarchives never wanted to recognize that one. It used the ice glitch though. Watch that one as well. I liked that one better since it is on harder difficulty. Seriously, why didn't that one get into speedrunarchive? I am registered on their forums although its been whle since I was there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.