DM-Deck-40..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Master Roshi

Troll
Jul 19, 2003
P.A. United states
Created by Bot_40 this is the BEST deck-16 conversion ever! This is good enough to be a 2k3 map. But I think enough of you know that already.. This is a must download.

deck1.jpg

deck3.jpg

deck5.jpg

deck8.jpg

Swanky

Natural Born Killer - Yoshi!
Jan 29, 2004
Germany
www.swankl.de.vu
Let's head for a real user review...
When I first entered the map I was surprised of the stunning graphics: loads of Details, atmospheric lighting to call only some of the overall visuals. While saying this map is clone, I came to the point this map has not too much of that original Deck-16 except for the overall floorplan (which had been edited, too).
Brushwork is well done, I don't know many maps that are made as good as this one. If trim, deco, landscape, this one is overwhelming, and the custom texture set is used very well and adds great atmosphere (imagine playing this one with another texture set...). Lighting is as good as brushwork, there are not too many colors but enough to make a good veriety of tones. All the flares were about the best size, and supported lighting, atmosphere and everything else very well :).
This map will offer a good challenge as both bots and floorplan are a good combination with some flaws, though. I noticed I am falling from the edge shown in pic2 way too often, while fighting backwards against some bots. Other places are too tight, too, just check out the high ramp in pic 1. Maybe you noticed I am using the word fight very often. Why? Because you will have to fight a good period of time nonstop, there's often trouble and even more action. Though the origin is for even 10 or more players, you'll stop at 5 foe maximum, for more this one is definitly too small.
Sound is kind of twilight here, while ambient sounds were good (placed), music just suxxx X( I am missing the icy feeling here.

Conclusion
Some good and some bad points, even if you dislike Deck_16, you should give it a try, maybe you'll say yes.

good
- AI
- brushwork
- lighting
- fast paced gameplay
- ambient sounds
- selfmade decomeshes (in a UT map)

somewhere in the middle
- a walkway leading into the darkness...
- tightness of the map
- gameplay

bad points
- tightness of the map (sometimes you just can't really call it gameplay)
- music
- minor flaws

Blueyes

Be nice to me...
Feb 11, 2004
Montreal, Canada
TOP QUALITY!

Very nice map indeed! maybe a bit too many white lights "a la GUI" :D

Some blueish ones would have improved "coldness" in the theme imo. ;)

...and you can't really compare this one to Deck_16, it's like comparing oranges with apples...

CONGRATS BOT! :)

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
Really dont get why people dont like the blocked passageway that leads to darkness. It's just decoration.

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
Shadowlurker said:
Really dont get why people dont like the blocked passageway that leads to darkness. It's just decoration.

And I really don't get why certain people combine wonderful eternally great Mercury Rev quotes with Moby lyrics mediocrity in NC user comments. Shame on you, Shadowlurker, shame on you :mad:

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
Mxtrmntr said:
And I really don't get why certain people combine wonderful eternally great Mercury Rev quotes with Moby lyrics mediocrity in NC user comments. Shame on you, Shadowlurker, shame on you :mad:

Huh?

scirmast

Oct 20, 2002
Finland
Visit site
This map is good for most part, but it has one significant flaw!

In sinclgep layer (botmatch), the map runs very smoothly, but in actual multiplayer, the map is choppy. Players move as if there were lag and no prediction. Before I used D3D, but with the new computer I use openGL (the way this map is supposed to be played). Still I get problems. The old computer, however, still uses D3D. Could this affect also my performance? When we played, I hosted the game.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
It's a well enough map,some cool tricky things in there,but I don't see whats the big deal,it aint a deck16 map,in no way at all.

So it's not the second comming of christ like everybody keeps saying,it isn't very good gameplay at all,just a map leaching off of people saying
"if you redo a map it should be like this" WTF

I was very impressed on the way it looks though,but why people keep equating any map that has the word "deck" in it just like atroDECK,no way we were redoing deck16 either,don't you guys think we hate deck16 remakes to?

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
:p
I didn't skin anything in max, I just used my classic "rotate terrain by 90 degrees and align to floor" which is a nice hack to get proper planar alignment in UED2 :p
You can still see the seams when the rocks pass 45 degrees :)