Translocator mutator (req).

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
So, why with all the translocator bitching isn't there a slew of muty's to change it?

I've partaken in another discussion on INA about it, and I've had an idea for a long time, but it's one of those things, I don't think people will truly see for what it is until they see it happen, or "in action" if you will.

Basically, my idea is to limit the translocator rate of fire, and re-instate the infinite charges. Make it take, oh, around the same time as a lightning charge to fire the primary mode again. prime to second can be as fast as it is now. Just limit the primary fire to inhibit monkeying.

Basically, this is a request, for something that I imagine should be very simple, if LedZep, or Brizz, or anyone else feels like taking 10 mins out of there day (or possibly more). Maybe we could get it running on a CTF server, and see if it's more satisfactory then the loc that has supposedly "ruined UT2003 CTF".

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Wouldn't that eliminate double translocations? That would be bad. After playing with it as it is I don't mind the charge anymore.

I remember when UT came out and the xloc was an unexplored asset. It didn't take long for it to really become dominant in CTF.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Why dont' we just make one big mutator that changes the whole weapon ballance. I'm sure it's possible to make the weapon ballance better. Monkey made that mutator to fix up the plasma so why don't we make a mutator that changes them all and then stick it on a public server so people can test it out and we can find a good ballance. If anything it would just be fun to play around with the weapons tweaked differently.

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
you want to nerf the xloc even more, Aenubis?! this time i have to strongly disagree with you. taking an even longer recharging rate will make the thing absolutely useless.

i just want a few additional charges on the xloc. i know unlimited ammo is simply not feasible, but another charge or two would balance it out nicely imho.

the day Epic nerfes their hallmark weapon even more than they did in UT2 is the day i will uninstall the game from my drive.

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Well see that's the thing it's just to play around and if the coders do things right we can changing things around as much as we want, and even set the mutator so there are several versions of each weapon. This isn't to be a mutator everyone would play and such. This is just to screw around and see if we're right.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
TWD said:
Why dont' we just make one big mutator that changes the whole weapon ballance. I'm sure it's possible to make the weapon ballance better. Monkey made that mutator to fix up the plasma so why don't we make a mutator that changes them all and then stick it on a public server so people can test it out and we can find a good ballance. If anything it would just be fun to play around with the weapons tweaked differently.
Go and play another screwing game then twd.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
edhe said:
Go and play another screwing game then twd.

Wow!

Hey edhe, I don't think TWD meant anything negative by his posts, though I agree it maybe could have been worded better. I think he was just saying that it may be a neat idea to throw all these muts together into one big mut to fool around with. I don't see why this would be different than having all the muts separate, but there again, there's a lot about TWD I don't understand. :p

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
You people have the wrong idea.

Thanx Scum, but I read about it, and it's no where near what I'm trying to do.

gramps said:
you want to nerf the xloc even more, Aenubis?!

Not at all. The point of this will be to try to find a comprimise between those who like the new xloc, and those who want the old xloc back. I actually am proposing intinite charges in this xloc, but with a limited ROF.

Yes hal, it would eliminate quick double translocations, but that's why it's up for tweaks, and only starting at a 1~1.5 shot/second ROF. I could see myself shortening it as low as .7, but the idea is to have intinite charges, and no monkeys. Forcing at least mid to long range locations, and none of the ping rape in close tellefrag battles or whoring that could be done with the UT Loc. Example: You could still double loc up to the top of citadel, but alternating fire keys in half second increments wouldn't do much, as it was done in UT.

TWD said it best...

This is just to screw around and see if we're right.

I love the new loc. I think it's great. I only had one gripe about the old loc. Unfortunately, that gripe still exists, just in smaller doses, so both locs are close to being even again in my eyes.

I'm partaking in a random discussion on the subject, had an idea to fix it, that had no out right objections, and quite a few people in agreement, and want to test it out.

Again, I dont' fully feel this needs to be changed, but If I think I can make it better, why not try?

_Zd_Bee_ said:
Why not just stop complaining and like the game as it is? Everyone got the same Xloc, what they do, u can do, so what's the problem?

I'm not complaining, don't assume so much. You skim my post, and one reply that misinterprets my post, and immediately it's "another noob complaining about §hîte he can't adapt too." I adapt. I also innovate, and arbitrate. I take no side, and I do as I will, with no complaints (or at least minimal anyways).

Besides, if I really disliked something about a game, I'd stop playing it, and posting about it, like I did CS after it went retail. Otherwise, Life is pain, I'm over it.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
TWD said:

http://modsquad.beyondunreal.com/review.php?id=156

There ya go. Done. Thank Will.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
$MP$-AEnubis said:
I'm not complaining, don't assume so much. You skim my post, and one reply that misinterprets my post, and immediately it's "another noob complaining about §hîte he can't adapt too." I adapt. I also innovate, and arbitrate. I take no side, and I do as I will, with no complaints (or at least minimal anyways).

U can drop the defences, I've been here long enough to know you're not just another noob. Sorry for my bad choise of words. I didn't mean to bash :)

I just see loads of these threads, most of them are about changing the weaponspeed, weapon reload times etc. My point is, everybody got the same game, so everybody got the same good and bad things on the weapons. Instead of wanting to change it, u could also adapt. (like u said ;))

Just my 0,02€

Last edited:

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
$MP$-AEnubis said:
The point of this will be to try to find a comprimise between those who like the new xloc, and those who want the old xloc back. I actually am proposing intinite charges in this xloc, but with a limited ROF.
i don't misinterpret what you said at all. we both just have different ideas about what "nerfing" a weapon is. your suggestion of infinite charges with a more limited ROF is still nerfing the xloc to me. why not increase the charges without limiting the ROF? an even slower xloc would, like i said before, render the weapon useless, regardless of how many charges you've got. that said, i'm curious to see if UT2k4 will have drastic changes to the weapons, or that it's really nothing more than an add-on.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I believe that 2k4 will be nothing more then an add on very remaniscent of Q3TA. Minmal changes to what is already there, nothing more then maybe what a patch would do, and then add on stuff.

gramps said:
you want to nerf the xloc even more, Aenubis?

When you said even more, to me, that insinuates further nerfing the current nerfed loc. I wouldn't be nerfing it more, just differently, even it if is a more severe nerf IYO. All opinions aside, objectively speaking, it's not even more, it's equal opposite. IMO, it would be less. The joys of semantics, and relativity :D.

_Zd_Bee_ said:
U can drop the defences, I've been here long enough to know you're not just another noob. Sorry for my bad choise of words. I didn't mean to bash

Not being defensive, just trying to educate ;), was posting on this subject in INA as well, so a wee bit of the attitude may have carried over, forgot a smiley or two, you know...

_Zd_Bee_ said:
I just see loads of these threads, most of them are about changing the weaponspeed, weapon reload times etc. My point is, everybody got the same game, so everybody got the same good and bad things on the weapons. Instead of wanting to change it, u could also adapt. (like u said )

Just my 0,02€

...and I totally agree. If you've seen my participation in any of these past threads, it's usually been fully defending this game, and adaptation in general. It's all good.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Sorry I didn't respond faster....wasn't paying attention I guess.

I can do thi probably, but I need time. I have alot of things going on right now, but as soon as I have a few minutes I'll start work on it. From what you say it should be pretty simple to do...in fact I think I can make it configurable so you can set the ROF and the amount of charges, see what you like. I'll let you all know as soon as it's done :)

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Cool, I'd be looking for infinte charges, and configureable ROF in 10ths of seconds from .5 - 1.5.

Then prolly take the option away, and make it solid once I find what I like.

No rush though, I know all about being busy ;)...

Kinda the reason why I haven't been able to beta test that other one too... I still got it though, and some day, it'll be run on a server... someday...