CONSOLE NEWS from Japan!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
Well, as expected, Nintendo's next generation console "Gamecube"'s release date has been extended. It was due July, 2001 but now it's expected around September, 2001. Nintendo says that they won't have enough products ready for the July release.

New PS2 is released in Japan!! The new version is prepared specifically for online play in mind. unlike the previous release of PS2, New PS2 is online-ready. It's sure to make more people angry for Sony's frequent update-releases of PS2.

That's it for now from Beagle_One from Tokyo :)

Mr. HotDog

[Insert Text Here]
Apr 2, 2001
Visit site
After seeing the X-Box Halo gameplay movie I was really impressed. I heard that the new PS2 will come with a 56K modem, is this true? If it is I only have one thing to say: l a a a a a a g g g g g g g g g g. I mean lets face it, PS2 games look fantastic, that means you'll need a really good connection to play smoothly online. Right?

BlueSniper

if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?
Mar 6, 2001
AHEM...

dont PS2s come with an internal extention, they can have diferent types of connections, Right? all depends on how much you wanna spend...

wiseassbnty

Jack's smirking revenge
Dec 6, 2000
www.whatisthebinty.com
There is currently a broadband adapter they are working on for the Ps2, similar to the dreamcast one, execept there is no support for it over here in the states yet, otherwise I'd be albe to play Fantasy Star Online through my cable.

Mr. HotDog

[Insert Text Here]
Apr 2, 2001
Visit site
Keiichi: Graphics have noting to do with lag?!?!? Then why do I lag way more when I play UT and Q3 and less when I play Q2 or Half-Life?

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Probably because Quake 2 and Half-Life either have better network code or less information is being sent. Trust me, the number of polygons and special effects on screen has nothing to do with your ping.

-Keiichi

Sebu_NZ

Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!
Dec 25, 2000
New Zealand
www.muttonbone.com
If there are alot of events that are tiggered by a remote player then that will cause lag but it doesn't matter whether that is absolutely beautiful or ugly as hell (going on the presumption that hell is ugly :p ).

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Mr.HotDog wrote:
After seeing the X-Box Halo gameplay movie I was really impressed.

Ah, thet game has noting to do with the X-Box. After all, originally it was planned solely for Mac and PCs, and it looked just as sweet then. I hate M$, and I see no reason why anyone should buy an X-Box for Halo, when the game will be released for the Mac and PC shortly after the release of the X-Box.