UPDATE!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
W

Warren

Well, if you haven't yet seen the Infiltration news, than go check it out!! We've got quite a few updates going on, and we'd love to know what you think! As you can see, we're constantly taking the ideas of fellow Infiltrators out there to make this a better game. The turn-around may be slow, but it gets there eventually!

G

hmm....what should I say.... IT'S GREAT!!! What'll be the next weapon you're going to model? The G36?

W

Warren

The next weapon is already finished- the SPAS-12 shotgun. Following that will be the Ka-Bar knife. Afterwards, well, I haven't decided. I usually let Catalyst choose the next two weapons /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif After I complete 3 or 4 weapons, I'll post another update.

I

Ian

I can't wait for the M4 carbine to appear, please, please, make it sound like it should, a little deeper than the m16 with more of a thud per shot then the realism would be as good as all the rest of your par excellence weapons

B

Billdog

Will the SPAS do the auto thing? Why is the Sig551 on the roadmap?

W

Warren

Yes- the SPAS-12 has pump and semi-auto capability. The difference between it and the Benelli is minimal, except the SPAS can hold 1 more shell (9 instead of 8).

We'll probably be using the Sig 551 SWAT which is a 30 rnd 5.56mm weapon capable of semi, burst, and full auto. Attachments include a scope, laser, and flashlight. It's a nice weapon offering more variety to the player. The reason we have so many weapons now is for variety- we *could* leave it at 8 or 9 since they all generally 'get the job done.'

C

Catalyst

Yeah, I am trying to have Warren do one or two from each major weapon category in case we drop a couple weapons for sake of being too similar.

B

Billdog

There isn't a lot of difference between the M90 and the SPAS-12, and there are still some very interesting shotguns out there. In the name of diversity try a full automatic shotgun (HK CAWS, Daewoo USAS-12, AA-12, Pancor Jackhammer). If however you feel it is to good to be true how about that sniper shotgun or at least a SPAS-15.

By Auto thing I actually meant substained fire, it is rumored that a full auto version exists (it's not likely but Franchi have in the past made some full auto prototypes).

W

Warren

A fully automatic shotgun is possible in either a future version of Infiltration or if we get everything finished with plenty of time to spare. As it stands right now, we have over twice the amount of weapons set up for version 3 than we had in any previous version. We'd like to make it simple to update Infiltration 3.x versions in the future with either more weapons, improvements to old, etc. Not to mention the gamestyle itself and the characters. As the popularity of Infiltration grows, so will it's capacity and quality. Hell, we've had a single player scenario all drafted up based on the future of Infiltration... but I'm afraid that's classified..