Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I think it all revolves around the tank. If you can find a place the tank can't get to or a place that causes the tank AI to flip out, then you'll survive. If not, then he'll come in and pound on you distracting you while the rest of the special infected and regulars do all the killing.

The Tank can be a round-ender if you aren't paying attention or have a bit of bad luck involving another SI. Mostly though, if you stay put and blast him with the Auto Shotty he's down in a flash. It also helps if there's an obstacle (such as a ladder) between his spawn point and your location and, of course, a long line-of-sight.

akstylish

Keyboard Crasha
Jan 22, 2008
lol I just bought the game and the sequel is about to come out. :( I'm glad I had to pay only $20.

akstylish

Keyboard Crasha
Jan 22, 2008
Is there a way to play versus mode only with bots? I can't take people swearing at me for sucking at it anymore.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Got this bit from a general tutorial (increase zombiecount etc. tralala)

It's not worth playing with bots, though. Imo.

Anyway:

sv_cheats 1
sb_all_bot_team 1
sb_unstick 0 (stops bots teleporting)
vs_max_team_switches 99
chooseteam (or use "M" or whatever key you have assigned to team change)
mp_gamemode versus

Do note that the computer A.I. players will walk through the stage well enough, but may get hung up when it comes to pushing certain buttons or leaving certain areas. Simply switch teams again, accomplish the goal, and switch back.

Maybe there's another way...

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
That looks pretty crazy. I imagine a lot of people will end up going their own way to look for the gas. Look what happened to Nick in that first video. I didn't see anyone really trying to bother helping him.

On the plus side those new special infected look pretty weak. A few shots and they're down.

Still, it looks like fun.

I want dual auto-glocks!!!

Last edited: