Texture LODSets!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Timonator

00ber n00ber
Feb 5, 2005
Hi fraghouse team
the textures in the intro ("Press ESC to start game or so, couldnt read it properly!) and in the Main Menu are not correctly set to LOD_INTERFACE (or whatever its called)
i have all details set to uber low so everything looks very blurred and distorted

maybe you should turn down your texture details and play the game yourself to see, which textureas are not correct

thx

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Ok, noted, but we really wanted to steer clear of patch releases and all that bother. Seems you can never get away from it.. :p

As it happens, though, when I'm not taking screenies, I play with my texture detail on low and I didn't notice the text as being incomprehensible.

Thanks for letting us know about that, although with the Intro map being 10MB I don't know if it would be worth patching badly, since we're just doing a small patch (literally as small as we can get it) so that it won't cause too much bother.

Timonator

00ber n00ber
Feb 5, 2005
uuhm btw: i noticed, that (almost ?) all level preview pictures are also not set up correctly :)

in the next version you could fix this, so you dont need to release a patch :)

Timonator

00ber n00ber
Feb 5, 2005
not set up ocorrectly = set to the World or Player lodset or so, should be interface
interface textures wont be scaled down when you set the texture details down

@edit: no new version? :(