The Great Bangout PC Debate?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
MIKE!

It's done!

It took three days last week but I got it up and running... trouble is, the Radeon needs better drivers... I get frame rates in the 50 to 70s for UT... pfft and sometimes it gets choppy and drags for split seconds

oh, the fan/thermalsink i ordered didn't work! the PC wouldn't run with it in so i used the combo AMD provided

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Good to hear its up and running. Keep a close look out for new drivers for your card. It will get better.
The card that you are using is getting the highest manonion scores right now. Just check them out.
12820 @ 1200x768 in 3dmarks 2001 . i think was the highest score on an overclocked amd @ 1.9gig with the 8500. Freaking cool.

Well i gotta go. Ill be around. :D

qazix

Lost
Mar 31, 2001
People have been waiting for ATI to release perfect, compatible, bug-free drivers since the Rage cards. I don't think it'll ever happen.... They never made good on the unified drivers promise (separate rage, radeon, and now radeon 8500 drivers).

I'll probably get my next (nvidia) video card before ATI releases drivers that work with everything (as nvidia's did with my tnt2u). :rolleyes: