Shooting through portals??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xirv0

Green Wibbly Thing
Sep 13, 2000
Over there--->
Visit site
You CAN shoot through portals, although, only non-instant hit weapons will have their projectiles go through. So only the sniper rifle, enforcer, shockrifle primary fire and minigun will not shoot through....

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
Originally posted by Gabriel
just create zone portals, and change the gravity.

that way will work, I don't think you can shoot through warps

No that way won't work because by the time you got half way around the ring you would be standing on your head. It doesnt matter which way the gravity is set, down is always down even if gravity is up.

Zaphrod

Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
Originally posted by A_Huge_Sweaty_Baboon
see: DM-Fractal

DM-Fractal doesnt do this. The only warp zones in DM-Fractal are the player starts which drop you into the arena but you cannot shoot into them with instant hit weapons.

I am not talking about shooting throgh a regular zone portal sheet, I am talking about shooting through a warp zone. They are different.

Luminuis

Herald of the Newest Dawn
Originally posted by Zaphrod

DM-Fractal doesnt do this. The only warp zones in DM-Fractal are the player starts which drop you into the arena but you cannot shoot into them with instant hit weapons.

yes, it does, shoot the little yellow triggers and look down without bots, shoot off a rocket, then look up quick, you'll see it fly through and re-appear above you, hit the wall, and explode, try flying and shooting a shock rifel through, have someone else looking above or something, or else you won't see it, I'm not to sure about that, you probably need to create a strait map to really see if it works, but I think it does, try it.

I know for a fact that Fractal DOES have a warp zone that at least non-trace fire weapons can pass through.

Zaphrod

Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
I know that missles will go through warp zones but I want ALL weapons to go through, The reason is that these warp zones are not supposed to be noticed and if a sniper rifle or mini gun dont work its not worth doing.

Even in the post you quoted I specified that you cannot shoot through them with Instant hit weapons.

pepslet

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
possible, but......

The hitscan weapons (enforcer, sniper, etc) don't use physical objects (already said somewhere above here).

Instead, they trace a line from the start point (the barrel of your gun) at a certain angle (where you were looking at) and the trace stops when something is hit (wall, player, etc). This is where the "bullet" hits.

Because portals, in a way, stop this trace, it also stops the "bullets". I think you can change this, but it would involve some bad-ass scripting, which I doubt you want to do.

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
Portals don't stop the tracing. That's why you're able to shoot through normal zone portals with those scan weapons. However, the tracing goes on physically-meaning into the warp zone box instead of on the other side of the warp.

pepslet

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
Originally posted by Fuzzpilz
Portals don't stop the tracing. That's why you're able to shoot through normal zone portals with those scan weapons. However, the tracing goes on physically-meaning into the warp zone box instead of on the other side of the warp.

Hmmm should've explained myself better, because that's what I meant fuzzpilz :)

The portal itself doesn't stop the trace, but it stops in the "box" behind it. The trace doesnt go through the teleporter/portal (that would make sniping on face pretty damn weird) ;)