PRUNED: Someguy's weap

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Yeah get in line. Some of us were requesting weapons before you even knew this place existed.

DAT'S A HINT, SMOKE ;)

Besides, didn't he call it the lamest weapon he ever heard of? Does that sound like he's gonna finish it? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I actually never liked the idea of that gun much, but I thought I'd be nice an' make it, since it was pretty simple. Blasted homework.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Argh, I say! Homework == Bad, wrong, stupid, evil, unhealthy, stimpt nicht, incorrect, un-good, very lacking in kindness, the oppositie of anything anywhere near good, etc....

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
AKA, Homework is a fu'cking waste of time. And are you still going to publicaly release it? And you never did answer me when I asked you if you would make it so bots knew how to use my gun. Maybe I should stop calling it "my gun"...

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
They'll use it, and randomly change modes, but that's about it (like there're so many unique uses for each mode anyway...).

Psycho_Leech

Hug meh
Sep 17, 2001
In the darkness
www.geocities.com
The problem is:

The thing that makes your gun so lame is that it doesn't have a weakness, sure, you could limit ammo, but rapid-fire and very scarce ammo doesn't sound like an effective combination to me, there is a risk of suicide I suppose, but I assume that both of these are taken care of in features you didn't mention, i.e. Infinate ammo and can't hurt user, so as to make it the "ultimate" weapon. Why does that need multimode, it doesn't need any other modes.
That's why it's lame, no weakness, as simple as that. Similarily, I find the AK-47 mod is too powerful, with ammo in too good supply.

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
You don't thinks it's good, don't use it. And this wepon does have SOME balance to it. It only comes with 150 ammo (RIGHT SMOKE!?) and it replaces the redeemer so you can't get more.

Psycho_Leech

Hug meh
Sep 17, 2001
In the darkness
www.geocities.com
Ah but...

Only 150 ammo? Only is probably not the best word, 150 direct hits(since the homing capabilities will have to be practically undogable for you to like it) with an ASMD combo blast would hurt alot, even if they did default damage, not the instant kill blasts the VGL5000000 uses, one shot is all that's really needed to clear out a small room, assuming the ratio ammo in pickup to maximum ammo is the same as the redeemer(likely since you can only get ammo from a weapon pickup), that makes 75 shots in a pickup, since the redeemer is often fairly easy to reach, unless the weapon didn't want to be picked up, and would attack people who went near it, and then obeyed whoever picked it up, it would not really have any balance at all.
Perhaps, instead, there should be only one, and doesn't replace the redeemer, like the man with the golden gun senario on goldeneye, players should get extra frags for killing the VGL500000 user.