Why you shuold NOT, EVER have a computer shipped to you

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
holy ****. I would sue UPS for that crap. and I would go down to their post office and blow their heads off with a shot gun if they delivered a computer to me like that.

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
Dinae Mensa, Tharsis Regio
namu.free.fr
I had once my iMac shipped to and from Holland for repairs.
It came back with scratches all over (thankfully NOT on the screen) and missing some screws.
But, eh, an iMac is as solid as a concrete block (and as evolutive too :D )...

Fluid

Zen fascists will control you
Aug 2, 2000
Maastricht, the Netherlands
Originally posted by namu
It came back with scratches all over (thankfully NOT on the screen) and missing some screws.

They prolly thought of the money they'd save if they kept the screws ;)

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Originally posted by Bounca
Looks like a male razorback gorilla got horny and thought that UPS box was a fem monkey in heat.
:cool:

I would hate to think what he thought of the computer also

:lol:

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
It's a ploy :eek: Any Mac related item shipped through UPS will be destroyed, they have an agreement with Microshaft.

As for UPS, I've never had a problem with them. They are a little slower but cheaper than FedEx, and don't pick up stuff when I ship it out from my house, but I've never had anything damaged. The bigger the package the more likely it is to get F'd up though. :(

[UM]theswarm

Spork of the Apocalypse!
Sep 30, 2001
Everywhere
www.sporkoftheapocalypse.tk
my dell was shipped fedx fine in about a week. the printer+scanner took another 2 weeks UPS, and arrived the day i got my internet connection installed (cable modem). :rolleyes: Yeah, the comp came with a US robotics 56k built in, but there's NOW WAY IN HELL i'm using it!:D

Fomhoire

Internet Addict
Dec 24, 2000
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
Yup! Just tie a rope around that handle on the top and you have a good boat anchor!

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Wow, never thought you could play UT and run ftp/web/mysql servers on a concrete block :rolleyes:

well you know how much technology has advanced and all.