Remote Strike Weapon mod released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

vasilii

Aug 31, 2003
I think all the weapons were something he made up

yes I noteced that, but all of introduced weapons resemble real life weapons. So why not make clons of M4 and AK74M

Romanov

May 8, 2003
UK
Hi,
Ill answer quickly IM doing the first patch at the moment

- Ill look into center view although I have to be honest and say its not high on the list of priorities
-this wil always be a mutator with the weapons built so that they can be used with Worms or switch arsenal or just in mutator format with ALL map types and game types it wont becode a mod its just that due to the size and scope of the mutator some people have refereed to it as a mod (modsquad have placed me in the mods section )
-all the weapons are based in some way on real world weapons but I like modelling (Im primarily a modeller not a coder!) so I like designing my own weapons but obviuosly I get inspiration from real world weapons.
-The file size for the next release and the patch will be much smaller.
cheers
Romanov

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Romanov, about the self-damage thing with the bullets.
I had a problem with this regarding WeaponLord UT1, and I found that the collision values for the projectiles were WAYYY too high. You can still lower them and have them be effective against enemies. I forget which variable it was, I think it was in the code.

Romanov

May 8, 2003
UK
Hi m8,
Its been fixed no more self damage from bullets, however as the radius of damage is now drastically reduced you have to be alot more accurate when you fire, you cant hit within a metre of your target anymore and have them take damage you must now only get direct hits which is cool and i like it so good idea guys ;)

done - shotgun range reduced (15 metres wider spread)
done - flak monkey announcer taken out
done - NO SELF DAMAGE when firing close to self
done - pistol ammo mesh included
done - shotgun ammo mesh for camo defender included
done - shotgun spread increased in general
done - mutator starts with 15mm pistol
done - icons swapped around small to large
done - weaposn replced in better order

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
Nice work so far, I'm looking forward to the next patch. It should really make the mutator more fun now that I can kill stuff with the shotgun with out worrying about killing myself. I'm also looking forward to getting the higher spread on the shotgun, IMO makes it a better close range weapon then the Flak Cannon, because it did not have enough spread or chunks for taking out mulitply enemies (still like it).

Romanov

May 8, 2003
UK
try this its the original address
http://www.exoplayer.com/remote_strike/
it still works for me though and were still getting hits on the site (last one 3 minutes ago)

swiftviper - yep its better now much more of a scatter weapon for close in work ;)

final list of changes for the patch:
done - shotgun range reduced (15 metres wider spread)
done - flak monkey announcer taken out
done - NO SELF DAMAGE caused by your own weapons being fired too close to you
done - pistol ammo mesh added
done - shotgun ammo mesh for black defender added
done - shotgun spread increased in general
done - mutator starts with 15mm Pistol and Bofors Light 10mm submg by default
done - weapon icons in better order small to large
done - credits
done - 15mm select anim adjusted
under review - (not sure whether to change it)LR2 sniper rifle/longrifle sound changed
done - replace ion and redeemer with a remote strike weapon for the remote strike mutator

todo:
add "charge" music to Gauss alt fire its got "reveile" currenltly which means "wake up" but hey ho they want a charge one instead ;)
add replacer class for admins
change replaced weapons in main mutator e.g shotguns to replace flak cannon etc

wishlist:
custom icons for weapos and ammo - will take a bit of work this one so I doubt it will be in the patch.
- Add Bofors Assault Rifle with grenade launcher
-possibility of 1 more weapon choice of
105mm Howitzer
Grenade Launcher
Company Mortar
Emergency Pistol (revolver,flechette rounds)
Anti Tank rifle

vasilii

Aug 31, 2003
Your mutator reminds me of old good UT Infiltration (when it was still a mutator not a full convertion) it was one of the best ones. I would say that UT AgentX was good as well. Hay guys do you remamber those antics ?

Last edited:

Romanov

May 8, 2003
UK
Yeah I loved infiltration but my favourite was agent x it was great i used to play that for hours on DM_norwich which nobodies hear of lol but it was a great map, i cant remeber the name of the other weapons mod i used to play but it used to have spider mines that ran around and exploded when they found an enemy, totally cool ;)

-i liked th tac ops weaposn when they were availble in mute format as well :)

missPoopShoot

voodoo rage
Jul 13, 2003
Cambridge, UK
Visit site
Romanov said:
Yeah I loved infiltration but my favourite was agent x it was great i used to play that for hours on DM_norwich which nobodies hear of lol but it was a great map, i cant remeber the name of the other weapons mod i used to play but it used to have spider mines that ran around and exploded when they found an enemy, totally cool ;)

-i liked th tac ops weaposn when they were availble in mute format as well :)

DM-Norwich :lol: DM-Ipswich next?